Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Who's the King of Stone Fruits? Plums, Peaches, Pluots, Nectarines, or Cherries

(1/8) > >>

ClayMango:
For me, I love a good Peach. Though I heard the newly introduced Pluots are on a whole nother level of greatness.

mksmth:
peaches for me.  Ive only tried one Pluot, Dapple Dandy and it was pretty awesome. 

zands:
Does anyone know what the classic pickled umeboshi plum is made from? What kind of plum? I also have heard it was made from a plum-apricot hybrid.

Cherries are the king of stone fruits for me with apricots #2. The peaches in supermarkets are just about always awful. But since mangoes taste somewhat like peaches I don't mind too much

Getting good cherries and plums in Florida is not too difficult. Cherries make it here very well. The plums are from California. Cherries mostly from Washington and then a smaller amount from California.

emegar:
http://www.raintreenursery.com/Fruit_Trees/Prunus_Mume_Flowering_Apricot/

--- Quote from: zands on February 12, 2015, 06:40:15 PM ---Does anyone know what the classic pickled umeboshi plum is made from? What kind of plum? I also have heard it was made from a plum-apricot hybrid.

Cherries are the king of stone fruits for me with apricots #2. The peaches in supermarkets are just about always awful. But since mangoes taste somewhat like peaches I don't mind too much

Getting good cherries and plums in Florida is not too difficult. Cherries make it here very well. The plums are from California. Cherries mostly from Washington and then a smaller amount from California.

--- End quote ---

RodneyS:
A nice, acidic white nectarine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version