Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

My new cherry trees!

(1/3) > >>

Rtreid:
What a wonderful way to start a Saturday.  I had a knock at the door, and it was the FedEx person with a delivery for me.  By the shape of the box, I new exactly what it was, and had to start tearing it open right there on the front door step.  Inside were three trees (well, more like sticks with roots) that I had begun to think would never arrive, Cristoballina cherries!  It has taken three years to get them but now they are finally in my back yard.

I can only hope that they can live up to their billing, for Cristoballina is supposed to be a low-chill self-fertile cherry, originally from southern Spain. How low chill I do not know, but it is touted as being a cherry for Southern California. It is going to take a few years to find out how well it will do for me, but with my lack of enthusiasm for the Minnie Royal/Royal Lee combination, I am really hoping that this variety will work out.

Cheers,
Richard

Viking Guy:
Congrats!  I will be hoping for your success, because I really want a cherry tree that actually makes fruit.  At least my flowering one looks nice in April.

shaneatwell:
That's awesome!

funlul:
Best of luck! In my local nursery, they display huge bilingual sign near the cherry trees stating the challenges planting them in our climate. Poor things.

Doglips:
Self Fertile?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version