Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Introduce Yourself

<< < (3/360) > >>

gabodymod:
Hello guys.

My name is Guillermo. I am glad I found this forum. My interest in tropical fruits are 90% mango. I am working in obtaining some realy rare cultivars from other counties, will keep you posted.
Without mentioning names ( you know who you are) I will like to thank all of you responsible for starting this forum.

Guillermo.

Rtreid:
Hello everyone,

I'm Richard and was posting on GW as Rtees garden.

I am in the process of restarting a subtropical garden after selling my old house a few years back.  Currently I have;
Mango (4)
Lychee (3)
Longan
Jaboticaba(2)
yellow jaboticaba
Green Sapote
Caminito
carambola
Jakfruit
Kwai Muk
and a bunch of assorted Garcinias and Euginias as well as citrus and deciduous fruits.

Almost everything i grow is outside in the ground, with the philosophy that I am trying push the limits and see just what can survive and possibly prosper here in San Diego. I can't say that I have been at it long enough to have any successes (many things are surviving and doing well so far) but I have had a bunch of failures (Durian, Rambutan some garcinia and theobroma seedlings among others).

I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with others and learning more from huge storehouse of knowledge from the people that inhabit this corner of the cyber-world.

And to those who took the time to set up this new forum, thank you!  It looks as though it will be far superior to the GW format.

Richard

lycheeluva:
three yellow boxes? damn this forum rox!

seriously though, thanks to all involved in setting this up for the time, expertise and money spent.

CoPlantNut:
Hello,

My name is Kevin, and I'm a generic plant enthusiast- besides tropical fruits I have to share space with orchids, bromeliads, ferns, carnivorous plants, plumeria, etc.  I've had a dedicated tropical plant growing setup (in one form or another) for 20 years now; currently I have a small grow-room setup in my basement.  At my worst, I was sharing a 400-square-foot apartment with about 500 plants.  I've got a little more space now, plus a yard to play with, but if it can't survive 80-100 MPH winds several times a year and minus-20 temperatures, I have to keep it inside.

For tropical fruits, I have:
Miracle Fruit
Carambolas
Barbados Cherry
Guavas (dwarf, strawberry, lemon)
Chilean Guava (Ugni molinae)
Naranjilla (Solanum quitoense)
Various peppers: Trinidad Perfume (heatless Habanero- all the flavor though), Bhut Jolika, various very hot Habaneros
Australian Beach Cherry (Eugenia reinwardtiana)
various citrus

Temperate fruits (which survive 20 below zero):
Pawpaws (I believe I have one of the two flowering-size trees in the Denver area; unfortunately the other is a 2-hour drive away and they need to be cross-pollinated)
Guomi
Blueberries
Gooseberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Hardy Kiwi (14 years and still no fruit...)
Peaches
Honeyberries (Lonicera caerulea)

murahilin:
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for joining the forum. That's an impressive list of trees for indoors in Colorado. Why are there no other pawpaw trees?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version