Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Forum!  (Read 466 times)

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Forum!
« on: November 24, 2022, 08:14:27 PM »
With this year almost to a close, maybe we could share what we are thankful for in regards to tropical fruits?
I'll go first - I'm thankful to have made many relationships with other members which has allowed me to obtain invaluable knowledge and materials.
I'm also thankful for my parents who are supportive enough of my hobby who go down to FL with me each year.
Also thankful that my collection has been growing at an incredible pace. It's almost like an exponential growth curve!

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving Forum!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 08:40:27 PM »
Cheers!

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 10:15:43 PM »
I am thankful for my Dad, too. He encouraged my interest in tropical fruit when I was just a kid. I remember him driving our old GM Station Wagon down to Miami with me to buy a mango tree for my 13th birthday (sort of like some of your adventures). Because of some really bad freezes in the 70s and 80s, people back then said you couldn't grow mangoes where I live, so no one sold them up here. There were several times as a teenager that I spent all night keeping a fire going under that tree so that it wouldn't freeze, but it is still there at my Dad's place (and cranked out over 100 lbs of mangoes this year). Dad taught me the three most important things I have learned in life: how to grow things, how to treat people, and how to love God. Thanks Dad!

aaronn

• USA, CA, Napa 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 12:18:34 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

Rispa

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 05:32:19 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!