Author Topic: 2022 December Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order  (Read 36190 times)

thesimsdude

• United States, Fl, Auburndale Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 December Yangmei (Myrica Rubra) Group Order
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2022, 07:06:04 PM »
Hello Bill! Any Updates on when you plan to place the order?  Cheers!

bill_bayarea

• Campbell, Santa Clara County, CA 95008, plant zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2022, 12:45:58 AM »
Hello Bill! Any Updates on when you plan to place the order?  Cheers!

Lets wait for about a week and get more payments from buyers.

Thanks, bill

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2022, 06:08:06 PM »
Merry Christmas to all!

I am planning to send the finalized order number of trees to exporter next Monday.

Regards,
bill

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2022, 07:31:09 PM »
What Monday is next Monday? Do you mean Dec 26, 2022?

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2022, 09:01:53 PM »
What Monday is next Monday? Do you mean Dec 26, 2022?
Yes, 12/26/2022.

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 25, 2022, 12:22:52 AM »
Let’s goooo!
To recipients of trees, make sure to prepare to raise them. Bare root trees need a lot of care until the harden off. Speaking from experience👍.

thesimsdude

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »
Let’s goooo!
To recipients of trees, make sure to prepare to raise them. Bare root trees need a lot of care until the harden off. Speaking from experience👍.

Do you have any tips? I am planning to wrap them in buddytape (grafting tape) to help seal any moisture inside and keep them in the shaded greenhouse with very well draining soil medium

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2022, 03:42:32 PM »
Let’s goooo!

Do you have any tips? I am planning to wrap them in buddytape (grafting tape) to help seal any moisture inside and keep them in the shaded greenhouse with very well draining soil medium
Yes,
make sure to keep them humid...So either wrap in parafilm or buddytape (wish I bought some buddytape after hearing why it's superior to parafilm) or keep them in a tent with humidifier or similar setup. For out of state people getting them shipped it is important to be ready cause shipping will stress tree even more. Once arrived I soaked mine in plain water and potted them up. Don't overwater; it will cause root rot. Once established these are super easy to grow. Please quarantine and treat for RKN too (monterey nematode control as recommended by Simon). Don't want to spread them to your garden. Last time lots of people failed to recognize that - just cause they passed inspections doesn't mean they are pest free. RKN is already prevelant here so that's why they were allowed in. I treated mine and they were free and went into the ground a few months later. This order I'm not sure how the trees will look, but always better to be safe than sorry.

thesimsdude

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2022, 03:53:33 PM »
Let’s goooo!

Yes,
make sure to keep them humid...So either wrap in parafilm or buddytape (wish I bought some buddytape after hearing why it's superior to parafilm) or keep them in a tent with humidifier or similar setup. For out of state people getting them shipped it is important to be ready cause shipping will stress tree even more. Once arrived I soaked mine in plain water and potted them up. Don't overwater; it will cause root rot. Once established these are super easy to grow. Please quarantine and treat for RKN too (monterey nematode control as recommended by Simon). Don't want to spread them to your garden. Last time lots of people failed to recognize that - just cause they passed inspections doesn't mean they are pest free. RKN is already prevelant here so that's why they were allowed in. I treated mine and they were free and went into the ground a few months later. This order I'm not sure how the trees will look, but always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the tips, how long would you recommend soaking them in water prior to planting for? Also which treatment do you recommend for RKN nematodes? Thanks, You're the best for these tips! I'm sure lots will benefit from reading this.

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2022, 06:12:47 PM »
Let’s goooo!

Yes,

Thanks for the tips, how long would you recommend soaking them in water prior to planting for? Also which treatment do you recommend for RKN nematodes? Thanks, You're the best for these tips! I'm sure lots will benefit from reading this.
I use Monterey Nematode Conrtrol.
I just soaked them for like 30 mins while I was preparing the soil to plant Edit: some people soaked with other stuff like superthrive?, but tbh I don't know if it helps or not.
Also,
I'm not an expert either. There are many others who know way more than I
Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 07:21:54 PM by Jaboticaba45 »

ronke47

• Santa Monica, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2022, 12:52:24 PM »
Bill, just realized I never put Location on the Google Doc so I tried to add my zip today in the Location column but it somehow ended up in the Total Trees column (yes, I am Google Docs challenged).  Anyhow, I am LAX area, 90402 and as I mentioned in my email, if Joe K can't be the collection point this year, I am certainly willing to do it. 

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2022, 03:13:07 PM »
Bill, just realized I never put Location on the Google Doc so I tried to add my zip today in the Location column but it somehow ended up in the Total Trees column (yes, I am Google Docs challenged).  Anyhow, I am LAX area, 90402 and as I mentioned in my email, if Joe K can't be the collection point this year, I am certainly willing to do it.

Sure, thank you!
Bill

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2022, 03:28:25 PM »
Folks,
 The order has been sent to the exporter with the number of 800 trees.
This is probably the last order of Yangmei trees I do for the community. We are aiming to get our trees in mid-January, 2023.

Thank you all for the support and happy new year!

Bill

pinkturtle

• LA county, CA Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2022, 05:05:36 PM »
Folks,
This is probably the last order of Yangmei trees I do for the community. We are aiming to get our trees in mid-January, 2023.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for the hard work and time.....

Al

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2022, 05:36:47 PM »
Folks,

Bill

Hats off for organizing this again. Can't thank you enough for the selfless hours you have put in.

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2022, 05:53:43 PM »
Mid January would be great! Keep us updated. Hopefully we will all have great amounts of success this round. Thank You, Bill. Bill, If you decide that you do not want to lead the group buys anymore would you be willing to pass on the info to someone else in the forum to take up the effort for the community. I personally would love to be apart of  group buy for some cultivars or longan or lychee that are not easily available in the US but may be available if suitable export quantities are ordered. Once again, Thank You.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:46:14 PM by CarolinaZone »

ronke47

• Santa Monica, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2022, 01:29:22 PM »
Want to add to the outpoouring of gratitude.  This has truly been above and beyond.  Thanks so much, Bill

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2022, 02:27:29 PM »
Thank you Bill, you truly rock! (guitar solo)

Can only imagine how much time and stress is involved in these endeavors, and then dealing with questions and even complaints. Much gratitude for helping so many of us add yangmei to our gardens and orchards.

Ready for grafting!!

budutukaco

• Santa Cruz Mountains CA Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2022, 11:52:47 PM »
Happy new years everyone!

I'm in Santa Cruz, also interested in Yangmei, is there still time to sign up?

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 01, 2023, 12:53:55 AM »

roblack, ronke47, CarolinaZone, hammer524, pinkturtle, and others,

Thank you all for the warm words.

Happy new year!

bill

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 01, 2023, 12:59:11 AM »
Happy new years everyone!

I'm in Santa Cruz, also interested in Yangmei, is there still time to sign up?

Yes, budutukaco,
  You can still add your order. This time I added additional 100-150 trees as backup.
  Please let me know the varieties and total qty. 

Regards and happy new year!

bill

thesimsdude

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 01, 2023, 10:14:18 PM »
Happy New Years! Everyone give Bill a special thanks for organizing this effort, Bill whats the plan when the trees arrive? Do we reach out to you to send shipping payment when you have the specific prices on that or will you send us an invoice? Cheers.

bill_bayarea

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2023, 01:03:48 AM »
Happy New Years! Everyone give Bill a special thanks for organizing this effort, Bill whats the plan when the trees arrive? Do we reach out to you to send shipping payment when you have the specific prices on that or will you send us an invoice? Cheers.

Yes, local pick up for bay area and Socal folks. Ideally one person can come to bay area to pick up the trees for all SoCal folks as we did in the previous two rounds. For folks in other areas, I will do USPS priority shipping , the shipping cost will be based on the actual charge in the post office.

Regards,
 bill

thesimsdude

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2023, 11:29:56 AM »

Yes, local pick up for bay area and Socal folks. Ideally one person can come to bay area to pick up the trees for all SoCal folks as we did in the previous two rounds. For folks in other areas, I will do USPS priority shipping , the shipping cost will be based on the actual charge in the post office.

Bill, I would recommend using a website called PirateShip you are able to get around 50% off shipping costs and easily print pre paid labels, Ive been using it (for free) and saving a lot of money. Its a really good platform to compare shipping costs and generally ive found UPS is half the price of USPS on the size of larger boxes. Its worth taking a peek at! Cheers
 bill

nrh

• SF Bay Areas
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2023, 09:20:36 PM »
So, sorry I have not been on the forum in over a month. I seemed to have missed the payment date, but you put in for extras? Yes?

I would like to get the 4 I put on the sheet, , or at this point whatever females you have left.  Should I send the money via a paypal now for 4?

order # 60: 3 female, 1 male, Crystal, DK, Late growing, An Hai

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk