Author Topic: Do Silas Wood and Alano sapodilla have fruits in Orange and Los Angeles County?  (Read 3485 times)

miracle

• Los Angeles, California, 10A
    • View Profile
Can Silas Wood or Alano sapodilla have fruits in Orange or Los Angeles County (zone: 10a)? Productive? Does any one know?
How low temperature can they survive? Thanks.
Simple life is the best...cause life is too short.
Let it be....

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
here you go.. check out the last few posts.. pictures with fruits too.. I'm in Los Angeles County too but my Alano isn't that big compared to theirs.. It had a few flushes even just this year (since I planted it back a few months ago).. slow to moderate grower I would assume.. just like any other tree..fertilizer and water of course  ;D

http://www.cloudforest.com/cafe/gardening/sapodilla-t4247.html

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:59:50 PM by michsu »

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
My Alano is growing well no fruit yet from the earlier flowering. It's going to flower again soon. I try to pollinate mine.

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
silas woods is crazy precocious--will fruit itself to death if you allow it.  My tree is young, and I have to remove fruit from it every few weeks.  Awesome tree to grow though.
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

SocalKoop

• United States, California, Lake Forest 9b
    • View Profile
I have a young morena (3 ft )fruiting now in south OC. And my silas is flowering like mad. Both are young plants in pots. They seem perfectly happy in 9b.
"Failing to prepare is preparing for failure." -Benjamin Franklin

nch

• SoCal
    • View Profile
My Alano, planted last March, has 3 marble size fruits. It had hundreds of flowers. I don't know how old it is, I bought it as a 10 gal.

miracle

• Los Angeles, California, 10A
    • View Profile
Thanks. I might try with the Silas Wood first. Their fruits are small but numerous, then Alano is next.
I grew the Tikal  in the past. It had a lot of flowers every years for four years but no fruits set. I axed it. >:( :(

I heard the Morena and Haysa have big fruits, but also the big tree comparing to Silas Wood or Alano. Is it correct?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:57:29 AM by miracle »
Simple life is the best...cause life is too short.
Let it be....

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
Would love to see photos of your sapodilla trees (current).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk