Author Topic: DIOECIOUS fruit trees plant List  (Read 14066 times)

bangkok

• View Profile
Re: DIOECIOUS fruit trees plant List
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 07:37:29 AM »
Bangkok thanks for being our Google master and savior once again, but i need info from reliable source, not some obscure website. Once someone writes something everybody else pollutes the internet with copy cat text. Just because it is mentioned few times somewhere does not give credibility to the fact.

I agree that there is too much wrong info on the web, it's about time to clean it up. I also don't know which ones i can believe and which ones not. That's a shame because people like you and me count on them.

btw 5 min ago i just removed my mangosteen to a 70% shaded place in full soil....i count on your info this time. And it had big roots by the way for a small tree like it is.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 07:46:54 AM »
Bangkok thanks for being our Google master and savior once again, but i need info from reliable source, not some obscure website. Once someone writes something everybody else pollutes the internet with copy cat text. Just because it is mentioned few times somewhere does not give credibility to the fact.
I agree that there is too much wrong info on the web, it's about time to clean it up. I also don't know which ones i can believe and which ones not. That's a shame because people like you and me count on them.

btw 5 min ago i just removed my mangosteen to a 70% shaded place in full soil....i count on your info this time. And it had big roots by the way for a small tree like it is.

Ok Einstein,  just how are you going to "clean the internet up"?  You could start by not posting on this forum anymore,  that would reduce the spread of bad information on this forum. 
- Rob

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 07:48:26 AM »

Please don't encourage it/the troll/him...
- Rob

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 07:50:46 AM »
Theferns is generally pretty decent obviously there will always be some problems but it does cite its sources of info and the page bangkok posted does have a citation for the male female comment. If thats a good reference or not i dont know i could never grow this plant where i am lol
"Euphorbiaceae of Malesia
Publication

Author

Website
http://www.nationaalherbarium.nl/euphorbs/
Publisher

Year
ISBN

Description
An online resource that is still being developed, it gives detailed botanical descriptions of plants in the family Euphorbiaceae found growing in Malesia (the region from Peninsual Malaysia through Indonesia, the Philippines)."

But I find the ferns to be a superb resource that has info you cant find anywhere else.
Im sure it must be the largest and most  user friendly database on tropical edibles anywhere on the web, well in english at least.
If someone knows of a better or more comprehensive resource than Theferns I would really really love to know it!!!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:11:01 AM by stuartdaly88 »
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »
I looked at "indigenous fruits of Sarawak" book, and entire page dedicated to baccaurea angulata does not mention it being dioecious. So, there is a hope than:)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2015, 07:56:54 AM »

Actually I was expecting you to say that:) When bangkok writes something it's hard for me to control myself without satirical response! I'll try my best!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2015, 07:57:45 AM »
DL I believe B.angulata is dioecious but it can be confusing with some species that have can have apomyctic females.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2015, 08:01:25 AM »
I looked at "indigenous fruits of Sarawak" book, and entire page dedicated to baccaurea angulata does not mention it being dioecious. So, there is a hope than:)

It's the same with litsea garciae being dioecious or not, they don't mention it in the sarawak online book.

jackedfruit

• Sweden, Zone 7a / Greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2015, 09:35:19 AM »
Garcinia hombroniana is dioecious

Oddly enough there's no information regarding this in any of the T.K Lim books either but others species e.g. B.motleyana and B.ramiflora are dioecious so I guess there's the possibility B.angulata is too.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 06:26:03 AM »
Garcinia hombroniana is dioecious

Oddly enough there's no information regarding this in any of the T.K Lim books either but others species e.g. B.motleyana and B.ramiflora are dioecious so I guess there's the possibility B.angulata is too.

Maybe you know this website?
https://dokmaidogma.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/burmese-grape/

But today i saw many baccaurea ramiflora tree's for sale and asked the vendor if he sells male and female tree's and he had to laugh about it. He said this mafai don't need that to fruit.....Well i have no idea myself but just wanted to let you know.

mangomike

• USA Arizona
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »
Ceratonia siliqua ( carob) although hermaphroditic clones occur

CGameProgrammer

• San Diego (10b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:19 PM »
The only trolls here are you and Durian.

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 12:26:51 AM »
The only trolls here are you and Durian.

and you are a wealth of garbage too...sometimes people like you need to stay out of other people's business.
- Rob

CGameProgrammer

• San Diego (10b)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 01:04:24 AM »
and you are a wealth of garbage too...sometimes people like you need to stay out of other people's business.
Cite evidence please. By the way I can't help but notice that you listed a grand total of one tree in this thread, yet are calling others trolls that contributed much more.

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
Hello, Garcinia Gummi-gutta is dioecious. Chandramohan.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk