Author Topic: Anyone have any experience buying Mango trees on EBAY?  (Read 23728 times)

bangkok

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have any experience buying Mango trees on EBAY?
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2015, 03:54:47 AM »
Well if i were him then i would remove them from the web, and also make a fence around his yard. Then nobody can get his stuff unasked, problem solved   8)

Does he know about all the copy copy brandname stuff which is for sale in Asia? They even have copied new BMW models in China, you can buy/drive them there.

I just bought 2 grafted fingerlimes, do i know if they are the real deal? Nope. Do i know if they paid for the name? Nope. Do i know if they really came from Oz? Nope....But i don't care, i'm happy with them.Did they try to cheat me? Yep, 2500 baht at the first vendor but 3 minutes later i got 2 for 900 baht.

Starling thanks for your tips how to grow them, i'm going to buy/make good draining soilmix now. That's why i read this forum.

if you can send me pictures of the fruit I can ID them.

Oh they are just small tree's.

But have a look at this.....
http://www.thailandfingerlime.com/

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2015, 03:59:30 AM »
Well if i were him then i would remove them from the web, and also make a fence around his yard. Then nobody can get his stuff unasked, problem solved   8)

Does he know about all the copy copy brandname stuff which is for sale in Asia? They even have copied new BMW models in China, you can buy/drive them there.

I just bought 2 grafted fingerlimes, do i know if they are the real deal? Nope. Do i know if they paid for the name? Nope. Do i know if they really came from Oz? Nope....But i don't care, i'm happy with them.Did they try to cheat me? Yep, 2500 baht at the first vendor but 3 minutes later i got 2 for 900 baht.

Starling thanks for your tips how to grow them, i'm going to buy/make good draining soilmix now. That's why i read this forum.

Well I'll be damned.

Every single one of those is a legitimate Australian Cultivar, and that store has pretty much a clean sweep of many the best ( assuming what they are selling is actually bona fide).

They're missing crimson tide and red champagne which are the best, crimson tide being far better than the latter that said.

Don't buy any of the green types. Mia rose, byron sunrise, rick's red, purple bliss, sunshine yellow and red center lime only.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:02:50 AM by starling1 »

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2015, 04:05:34 AM »
update: The Byron Sunrise at least is not authentic. It has a very peculiar  growth habit and type of foliage, much different that the finger limes they have pictured. Tomorrow I will post pics of the real deal you'll see what I mean.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2015, 04:28:22 AM »
update: The Byron Sunrise at least is not authentic. It has a very peculiar  growth habit and type of foliage, much different that the finger limes they have pictured. Tomorrow I will post pics of the real deal you'll see what I mean.

Damn, they had crimson tide but i didn't pick it.

I bought red champagne and byron sunrise, i though the last one had yellow flesh but they are both red. I remembered those names from your post and when i was in the shop i had to choose which ones i wanted. I remembered you mentioned about byron bay-something one day so i picked that one as 2nd.

Well no big deal, they will get cheap here next year i guess, i 've seen them in many shops allready. But they have all the good ones that you mentioned, maybe they are reading here as well haha.

Now it's just a matter of time before they are on ebay, out of thailand. Also soon we will have all the Zills mango's i bet.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2015, 12:14:34 PM »

All their pictures are from Daleys nursery except for one picture, the grafted plants picture. Strange isn't it ?.  ::)
Moh'd

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »

[/quote]

All their pictures are from Daleys nursery except for one picture, the grafted plants picture. Strange isn't it ?.  ::)
[/quote]

Very odd indeed. Thank goodness you have this forum that questions shady business like these
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:05:59 PM by JF »

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2015, 03:43:51 PM »

Very odd indeed. Thank goodness you have this forum that questions shady business like these

But consider who posted it...hell, the man with limited space must have acquired additional land and must now own upwards of 200 acres with all the plants he claims to own...
- Rob

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will mention this one time only, i don't care what you do with it.

Slandering Thai company's (even over the internet) can have very serious consequences. Up to you. They use computer databanks at the immigration......

If you see the same pictures at elsewhere on the internet  then that's probably what it is. How do you know they didn't get permission for it?

www.thailandfingerlime.com was on the news last week, they were being promoted as a new business to encourage the Thai to "think out of the box" and start new company's. I guess more will follow soon.

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »

Compulsive liar

But consider who posted it...hell, the man with limited space must have acquired additional land and must now own upwards of 200 acres with all the plants he claims to own...

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2015, 07:35:58 PM »

Mohd Daleys doesn't sell red champagne, crimson tide etc. Believe me; I'm affiliated with them.

The citrus gems range, such as red center lime, Judy's everbearing etc have PBR's on them. They are a brand, and as such, the bear the same moniker wherever they are sold, so you'd expect the advertising to be universal.

It's quite possible they are legit (apart from sunrise) because there is company here, which I won't name, that has no qualms shipping them overseas because at that point it's the buyer's problem (mostly) by law.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2015, 12:25:26 AM »
@Starling,

Yes there is also an Aussie website with almost the same name.  ;D

But the fingerlime tree's from Oz are sold on ebay for many years now, worldwide. I also still wanted to buy them but never did. Now they are here which is much easyier for me. They also sell large tree's so they must have been growing here for a while then.

Also there are funny websites to be found. Some just change the name of a fruit, some claim they came from a certain location which suits them for some reason, others just change one letter of the place of origin.

http://www.bibitbuah.com/2010/10/harga-tanaman-buah-impian.html

Look at this site, they have grafted tree's, cuttings, seedlings, but also Cangkok  ::) ;D Now my bahasa indonesia is very limitied but after the B comes the C.  ;D

The whole problem with paying for copyrights is the fact that it's so complicated. If it was easy to pay for copyrights in 5 minutes by internet then sure many more people would do so. I studied a bit about this and i came on websites that i even can't read because my english is not sufficient enough. So how would an Asian ever be able to understand it?

The latest trend here is "made in germany". On the big markets you can find many products with a stamp/engraved /watermark/sticker of "made in germany". Yesterday i wanted to buy a wetstone to sharpen my grafting knifes and it was the "5 tiger brand"  "made in germany"  ;D The stone was crooked like a banana so sure it would be made in germany  ;D
Also "Holland" is used these days as a brandname for quality. I like to ask the vendors about it and they get pretty nervous when i do so. :P

But why is Byron sunrise a different fingerlime then the other ones? Is that one not an official PBR fingerlime?

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
@Starling,

But the fingerlime tree's from Oz are sold on ebay for many years now, worldwide. I also still wanted to buy them but never did. Now they are here which is much easyier for me. They also sell large tree's so they must have been growing here for a while then.

Also there are funny websites to be found. Some just change the name of a fruit, some claim they came from a certain location which suits them for some reason, others just change one letter of the place of origin.

Look at this site, they have grafted tree's, cuttings, seedlings, but also Cangkok  ::) ;D Now my bahasa indonesia is very limitied but after the B comes the C.  ;D

The whole problem with paying for copyrights is the fact that it's so complicated. If it was easy to pay for copyrights in 5 minutes by internet then sure many more people would do so. I studied a bit about this and i came on websites that i even can't read because my english is not sufficient enough. So how would an Asian ever be able to understand it?

The latest trend here is "made in germany". On the big markets you can find many products with a stamp/engraved /watermark/sticker of "made in germany". Yesterday i wanted to buy a wetstone to sharpen my grafting knifes and it was the "5 tiger brand"  "made in germany"  ;D The stone was crooked like a banana so sure it would be made in germany  ;D
Also "Holland" is used these days as a brandname for quality. I like to ask the vendors about it and they get pretty nervous when i do so. :P

But why is Byron sunrise a different fingerlime then the other ones? Is that one not an official PBR fingerlime?

wow, those grafts are terrible.

You should be removing the water shoots. The byron sunrise has smaller leaves and they are curlier. Also the skin of the fruit never gets red, orange or anything like it really. The skin remains dark maroon with blushings of orange which are very faint, the pulp itself is where the sunrise colour really comes in.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2015, 12:46:32 AM »
@Starling,

You should be removing the water shoots. The byron sunrise has smaller leaves and they are curlier. Also the skin of the fruit never gets red, orange or anything like it really. The skin remains dark maroon with blushings of orange which are very faint, the pulp itself is where the sunrise colour really comes in.

Well the grafts work but are not the most perfect grafts i've seen.

But i don't see any watershoots, all shoots have the small leaves, i just checked them. The rootstock has big leaves.That pic was taken 2 days ago and seems to have shoots with big leaves but they don't have that. Or those watershoots have rained off in the storm wednesdaynight.

Before i see any fruit appearing it will take a year i guess.

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2015, 01:07:12 AM »
@Starling,

Well the grafts work but are not the most perfect grafts i've seen.

But i don't see any watershoots, all shoots have the small leaves, i just checked them. The rootstock has big leaves.That pic was taken 2 days ago and seems to have shoots with big leaves but they don't have that. Or those watershoots have rained off in the storm wednesdaynight.

Before i see any fruit appearing it will take a year i guess.

Remove the rootstock leaves, they will inhibit your top growth. I believe the rootstock is cox orange hybrid, leaves look too big for tri.

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
The pictures that are posted of the trees I have for sale on Ebay are the actual pictures of the plants I have in my nursery

That is a boldface lie and i can prove that quite easily. This nursery is digging themselves into a hole. They cover one lie with another.....their credibility is Shot. I am the creator of this image and I did not authorize them to use it for their profit.

Update pix of the famous Chino Hills Ataulfo that eBay sellers love to steal