Author Topic: Started propagating Jackfruit - where to get other varieties in QLD, Aus?  (Read 8963 times)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
You can take a day tour of John and Lyndall Picone's farm in Tyagarah NSW and go on a sampling adventure of their various jackfruit crosses :) if I remember correctly its $20 (Oz) per person for the whole afternoon. They've got a lot of other exotic fruit trees, vege, herbs and such in their collection - visitors are allowed to eyeball the whole farm and eat whatever is available - ripe pickings. Not sure if they can help you ship seeds / seedlings out of Australia but you can probably ask they're very nice people. :) Took a tour of the Picone Farm a year or so ago if I remember correctly they have about 200+ kinds of fruit trees on their property - not counting their own crosses.

Oh, thanks for the tip. This will be on my wish list. I keep saying to myself: next year I'll go Australia, but than it does not happen for one reason or another. So, maybe next year (again!!!).

Treemo

• Australia, QLD, Brisbane/Sunshine Coast, Zone 10ish
    • View Profile
Had a look at Daleys for Jakfruit - Tyagarah Vanilla and it's $52 for a 7 inch pot.

A little out of my price range and could not even guarantee survival out in the ground due to the deer, wallabies, cows, kangaroos, echidnas etc.

I think I may stick with the constant seedlings I am getting and hoping for the best.

DimplesLee

• frustrated permie
    • PHL&AUS
    • View Profile
Might want to ask John Picone for Tyagarah Vanilla seedlings directly - skip the middleman.
Email is picone(at)internode(dot)on(dot)net
Diggin in dirt and shifting compost - gardeners crossfit regime :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk