Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Introduce Yourself

<< < (342/360) > >>

jessek:
Hi all 👋, I'm Jesse from Portland! While in Portland, I volunteer at the Home Orchard Education Center, which grows dozens of apple and pear cultivars while also having grapes, persimmons, hardy kiwi, medlar, pawpaw and a few other less-common fruits. I love being in the Pacific Northwest during the summer for all the berries we have here! I also grow tropical fruit in Southwest Florida: mangos, atemoya, jackfruit, lychee, jaboticaba, carambola, guava, papaya, avocado, dragon fruit, passion fruit, and some citrus -- the collection grows each year with a few new trees. Thanks for having me here and looking forward to the conversations!

HalcyonJon:
Hi All,

My name is Jon and I live in Baltimore, MD.  I've always been attracted to knowledge available to a limited/select group of people, and over the last few years that has extended to tropical fruit.  Like many of you, I collect entirely too many tropical plants considering my zone (7a), and grow a slew of fruits that are appropriate to my location as well.  I have a few things to sell/trade, and questions to ask to help determine the best candidates to add to my collection.  I am a distiller by trade, and am always researching options that can be sustainably made into spirits/liqueurs/beverages of any sort.  Happy to offer any of my knowledge to those who may benefit from it.  I look forward to getting to know many of you :)

Cheers!

DAC:
Hello all. My name is Danny and I live in the Florida Keys. I literally just joined this about 5 minutes ago. I am in Florida for most of the year and in Alaska in the summers. I am a fishing guide in the Keys and work for a seafood company in Alaska in the summers. I have a few fruit trees and some are doing better than others. Bananas - pretty good, mango - young but seems to be healthy, Oro negro - not doing very well (doing research on it is how I found this forum), key lime- I have a few- getting fruit but the leaf miners are a problem. I am new to gardening in general and looking forward to reading through posts and learning what I can to help my poor plants!

SDPirate:
Hey all.

Coastal southern California native here very close to Mexico border.  I started out with dragonfruit and ice cream bean, now I have a ton more variety of plants including red atemoya, other Annonas, guava and guava relatives, a few different Eugenias, jaboticaba, thimbleberry etc.  I think because I mostly work from home these days I just have more time to get into this hobby.  So far everyone has mostly been friendly and welcoming and its great to hear from other people that are knowledgeable on the topic.

I hope one day all my trees and plants bear fruit so I can share with family and friends.  Wishing you all good fortune in your gardens.  Peace!

brian:

--- Quote from: SDPirate on September 26, 2022, 05:19:03 PM ---Hey all.

Coastal southern California native here very close to Mexico border.  I started out with dragonfruit and ice cream bean, now I have a ton more variety of plants including red atemoya, other Annonas, guava and guava relatives, a few different Eugenias, jaboticaba, thimbleberry etc.  I think because I mostly work from home these days I just have more time to get into this hobby.  So far everyone has mostly been friendly and welcoming and its great to hear from other people that are knowledgeable on the topic.

I hope one day all my trees and plants bear fruit so I can share with family and friends.  Wishing you all good fortune in your gardens.  Peace!

--- End quote ---

Welcome!   How is the ice cream bean?  And do you know what type you have?  I started one from seed that is finally flowering now, but I've never tried the fruit.  Mine is inga edulis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version