Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

MangoFang's Yard Update March 2012

(1/5) > >>

MangoFang:
So gang...here's my Palm Springs update.  Funny - even with our very warm January and pretty mild February, things are flowering
at about, or even perhaps a bit later, than they did compared to last year's "normal" winter.  Looks like that extra cold mike actually force blooming a little earlier. (just as the experts say!)

First up - My one year old Keitt plant - so far the most amazingly complex flavored mango:

Edward - in full flower - hope to get something from this shy bearer this year

And my new Kent, really sending out the blossoms:

This is Glenn - I discoverd the watering line had shifted to a dribble, so that's why it looks a bit dry.  Anyone with artificial
watering systems - don't ever assume they are operating normally - got to check on them every so often...

Mahachanok - looking good and stiff!

This is what I know call "Backyard Manny" - my manila, the second one I got, that's been moved around a bit and finally settled in to this spot, now awaiting grafts to really spice her up!  She's tall and lean, but with some sprouts near the ground - all great grafting points for the future

Rosigold - into her 4th year, with only one delightful fruit to show for it - every tree has a personality to go along with it's reputation doesn't it?

..and my little Pickering - so cute!

I'll post a couple more, later, as I ran out of time tonight....thanks, gang.......GaryFang

Tim:
oh man, congrats on the Maha Chanok inflos, hope it holds for ya!!!  Super jealous  :blank:

Tropicalgrower89:
Nice! Congrats!  :)

Pancrazio:
Well, Gary, you have pretty much the garden of my dreams... I think you only need a "coconut cream" and a a ndm #4 to make it perfect to me! 

puglvr1:
VERY nice Mangofang...Congrats! Please keep us updated on the upcoming fruits. Where did you buy your Pickering again? Cali or FL? Thanks for the update... Great selection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version