Author Topic: Good resource for grafting?  (Read 508 times)

Desertcitrus

• Hurricane, UT 8b
    • View Profile
Good resource for grafting?
« on: May 21, 2023, 09:46:18 PM »
Is there a good resource on how to graft and the do’s and dont’s of grafting? This forum is amazing but it’s hard to sift through everything. I’m looking for a book or a website that I can sit down and read in my spare time. Any suggestions?

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: Good resource for grafting?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 10:12:32 PM »
Just watch all the YouTube grafting videos. Then when you want to learn to do it, have an experienced person who knows how to graft teach you. Then you won't get cut and go to the emergency room.

Don't try to do it on your own, bad idea.

drymifolia

• Seattle 9a/sunset zone 5
    • View Profile
    • the drymifolia collective
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 05:27:41 PM »
Is there a good resource on how to graft and the do’s and dont’s of grafting? This forum is amazing but it’s hard to sift through everything. I’m looking for a book or a website that I can sit down and read in my spare time. Any suggestions?

The e-book version of The Grafter's Handbook is very affordable and has excellent diagrams. It's a little outdated in terms of materials (no mention of parafilm or buddy tape, for example, which are much better than the sealants recommended in the book).

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Grafter_s_Handbook.html?id=mr-vDgAAQBAJ
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 05:30:57 PM by drymifolia »

Desertcitrus

• Hurricane, UT 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 03:17:24 AM »
Thank you Drymifolia

pagnr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 04:29:09 AM »
The Grafter's Handbook by R J Garner, who was also an author of The Propagation of Tropical Fruit Trees.
More crop specific but lots of detailed grafting drawings etc.
Many other Horticulture textbooks also have sections on grafting. Worth going to an Ag College Library to browse.
Sometimes the diagrams in some will make it much clearer than those in others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk