Author Topic: Oahu/Hl fruit question!  (Read 473 times)

fruithunterxox

• San Luis Obispo, CA
    • View Profile
Oahu/Hl fruit question!
« on: March 16, 2023, 02:43:53 PM »
Hello all,

I am going to be visiting the entire Oahu area in May. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some gummy worm fruit (cecropia). Perhaps a farm, grower, or somewhere wild?

Really looking forward to buying some while I am there!

Thanks!

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Oahu/Hl fruit question!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »
the only place or farm I know of that might have this fruit or know where you could find it would be Franks Nursery. Good luck

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 11:35:52 AM »
Surely you値l see it if you値l be all over Oahu. It is a weed tree in Hawaii, not worthy of propogation by a nursery.

Vegan Potato Man

• Honaunau, HI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 04:17:00 PM »
Surely you値l see it if you値l be all over Oahu. It is a weed tree in Hawaii, not worthy of propogation by a nursery.

I never found the edible cecropia fruit here (Puna area), we had a cecropia tree in the back that I cut down but the fruits were woody and not edible.

Maybe the edible ones are around but I haven't seen them, or maybe we just picked at the wrong time

fruithunterxox

• San Luis Obispo, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 09:36:26 PM »

Thanks! I will be driving across the entire island so I am hoping to be able to spot it. Was there a certain area that you've seen it in (if you've been)?

Vegan Potato Man

• Honaunau, HI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 12:13:53 AM »

Thanks! I will be driving across the entire island so I am hoping to be able to spot it. Was there a certain area that you've seen it in (if you've been)?

Idk about Oahu but on Hawai'i I've only ever seen them Hilo side, so look in more wet areas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk