Author Topic: Loquat and pomegranate trees wanted  (Read 972 times)

Avoman

• Sanger,Ca.
    • View Profile
Loquat and pomegranate trees wanted
« on: January 17, 2021, 02:01:38 PM »
Looking for a cheap supplyer and range of varities.

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
Re: Loquat and pomegranate trees wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 12:37:29 AM »
I will have some really special pomegranate soon, I am currently rooting the following:

Persian:
Saveh#1
Anar Saveh

Iraq/Iran boarder
Shahraban #1
Shahraban #2

Those are some of the best tasting pomegranates I have in my collection. The last two can be traced to Miqdadiyah; a city in the Diyala Governorate of Iraq famous for some of the best tasting citrus and pomegranates.

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 01:52:34 AM »
Nice. How do they stack up against parfianka in taste? The cutting I got from you is growing nicely btw, When do you cut the original cutting?

I will have some really special pomegranate soon, I am currently rooting the following:

Persian:
Saveh#1
Anar Saveh

Iraq/Iran boarder
Shahraban #1
Shahraban #2

Those are some of the best tasting pomegranates I have in my collection. The last two can be traced to Miqdadiyah; a city in the Diyala Governorate of Iraq famous for some of the best tasting citrus and pomegranates.

Nate

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 06:19:28 AM »
Nice. How do they stack up against parfianka in taste? The cutting I got from you is growing nicely btw, When do you cut the original cutting?

Persian:
Saveh#1
Anar Saveh

Iraq/Iran boarder
Shahraban #1
Shahraban #2

Well done, that's great growth you got there in short time, Partflinka is top three in my in my collection, a must have especially for its soft seeds, I have tasted Shaharban pomegranate years ago and it was an absolute beast; top quality, full of flavor, and large enough to make the peeling experience easier. The second best is Saveh, another excellent pomegranate, seeds not as soft as Partflinka but has good seed crunch to them. They are excellent choice and way better than any of the commercially available varieties.

Here is a video showcasing some pomegranates from Saveh : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX0n98Xa8Nw

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 11:44:57 AM »

Persian:
Saveh#1
Anar Saveh

Iraq/Iran boarder
Shahraban #1
Shahraban #2

I am interested in growing these if you have plants available keep me in mind. 
Brad Spaugh

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »

Persian:
Saveh#1
Anar Saveh

Iraq/Iran boarder
Shahraban #1
Shahraban #2

I am interested in growing these if you have plants available keep me in mind.

I usually post them here first on my blog, but I will be sure to post a link in here too:

https://www.facebook.com/manvfruit