Author Topic: Capsicum Flexuosum / Capsicum Tovarii seeds, anyone?  (Read 578 times)

nullroar

• 7b
    • View Profile
Capsicum Flexuosum / Capsicum Tovarii seeds, anyone?
« on: May 27, 2023, 04:05:54 AM »
WTB cold hardy pepper seeds of Cap. Flexuosum / cap. Tovarii. Anyone have any sources?

ahayastani

• Chis, MX
    • View Profile
Re: Capsicum Flexuosum / Capsicum Tovarii seeds, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 09:09:57 PM »
Chris Fowler from Welsh Dragon Chilli. I've ordered seeds from him a couple of times over the years, recommended.

nofspeppers

• New York, 7B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 10:29:14 PM »
I think Matt’s Peppers has some. You can Google him as I forget his username on here.
Also Small Island Seed Co. I believe has Rombodium. If neither of them do you can always hop onto the Pepper Lovers discord and ask

catchthebear

• Illinois
    • View Profile
    • Matt's Peppers
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 08:53:24 AM »
I think Matt’s Peppers has some. You can Google him as I forget his username on here.
Also Small Island Seed Co. I believe has Rombodium. If neither of them do you can always hop onto the Pepper Lovers discord and ask

I sold out, but will have more this fall.  I do have some C.caatingae at the moment.

I will close up shop for the summer, but will keep things up to date and in stock until I get too busy with this year's crop. 

35% OFF on orders over $25.00 when you use the code SEEYOUINTHEFALL at checkout. (mattspeppers.com)

Cheers!

bussone

• Philadelphia, PA (7a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 09:57:36 AM »
Without sounding too ignorant, these are grown as perennials?

nullroar

• 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 02:29:51 AM »

I sold out, but will have more this fall.  I do have some C.caatingae at the moment.

I will close up shop for the summer, but will keep things up to date and in stock until I get too busy with this year's crop. 

35% OFF on orders over $25.00 when you use the code SEEYOUINTHEFALL at checkout. (mattspeppers.com)

Cheers!

Heya, what website? [edit: nm, found it!]
Question: you have any sweet / heatless varieties? Once upon a time I grew reapers, bhuts and hybrids, even kept them Perennial with stems thicker than quarters...but now I have heartburn like you wouldn't believe, and can only really deal with heatless peppers (while trying to experiment with cold Hardy varieties for breeding into zone 7)
(and thanks, all, so great for Hardy pepper seed sources!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 02:38:04 AM by nullroar »

nullroar

• 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 02:40:47 AM »
Without sounding too ignorant, these are grown as perennials?

Yup, you can overwinter peppers and grow em perennially.

I had a 7 year old habanero bush. That's pretty old for a pepperafaik. They do fall victim to their own growth as their stems get woody, though.