Author Topic: Questions about annonas  (Read 450 times)

Saone

• Central vietnam
    • View Profile
Questions about annonas
« on: August 02, 2021, 12:02:24 PM »
Hey there, So I am about to plant out a variety of different annonas on my property and I wanted to ask about a few things. Here in Vietnam they have several new varieties, not sure the english names but if you google search them you can see the photos, na bở, na Đài Loan, na thai, na Sầu Riêng, Rollinia and Soursop. My questions are about heat and able to handle wet feet. I live in Quang Binh and we swing from super hot and dry summer (say high 30's to a few days of low 40's c) followed by 2 months of heavy rain season (flooding once every ten years or so) to a few months of maybe down to 5 c at times. I plan to plant on mounds to handle the wet feet part but unsure if most of these types can handle that. I also have heard that Atemoyas cant handle the high heat but I have heard the same for soursop and have seen some around my area. Anyone have experience with heat and wet feet with any of the type of fruit I have named?

Thanks for any help

Polypterus

• Smyrna Georgia, 8a
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about annonas
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 01:58:06 PM »
Not sure if this helps, but I ordered a 3ft tall graft African Pride atemoya about a month ago, and it's been in a 5 gallon bucket on my back porch. In that time we've gotten almost daily rain, and temperatures have consistently been 85-90 degrees f (29.5 to 32 c), and it's been thriving. It's actually put out more flowers than anything else I have, and it already has two fruits on it. I haven't had the tree long though, so things could change in regards to how it reacts to the weather, but so far so good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk