Author Topic: Fresh Beaumont Macadamia Seeds  (Read 464 times)

mysteryknight

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Fresh Beaumont Macadamia Seeds
« on: January 10, 2023, 04:44:38 PM »
Hi All,

The Beaumont macadamia trees are full of nuts. In addition to processing airlayer orders right now(list is pretty full right now but can take requests + a small deposit ($) for each airlayer that will be put on the trees come February/March) I am collecting lots of fresh nuts. Seeds will be priced by volume (not including shipping):

1-10 nuts: $2/each
10-100 nuts: $1.75/each
100+ nuts $1.50/each

PayPal Note: PayPal is charging 3.49% (on total, including any taxes invoiced as well as shipping which makes no sense at all to me) + $0.49 on each transaction. I will be including these fees in the buyers invoice as I cannot eat them with my low margins. I also will not be including CA sales tax (7.75% that I report to the state) in the base price for my seeds/scions. So, expect higher invoiced prices on all transactions done through PayPal. I hate doing this and am open to other ways of doing sustainable online sales. If you are local and are paying in person, disregard this PayPal fee. Thanks!

Broken down:
$10 Item
 +7.75% CA Sales Tax
=$10.78
 +$5 Shipping (No CA Sales Tax)
=$15.78
 +3.49% Overall PayPal Percentage-Based Fee
 +$0.49 Flat PayPal Fee
=$16.33 Final Invoiced Total

If interested please message me with an address and email to send the invoice to. Have a great week all.

James

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Beaumont Macadamia Seeds
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 10:47:09 PM »
Hey James it turns out your friends are allowed to send you gifts up to 16k per year tax free.  The solution to the paypal fee issue and taxes is to use a regular non business paypal account and have people send you friend payments. 
Brad Spaugh

mysteryknight

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Beaumont Macadamia Seeds
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 02:06:30 PM »
Fresh nuts are still dropping from the trees and available. Have a great week!