Author Topic: Genuine Buddy Tape for Grafting - Group Order Open - 2022 (Pre-Order for Mar 22)  (Read 5704 times)

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
OK Folks, Buddy tape is here and will ship 3rd Week of March, 2022 if supply chain does not disrupt shipping.

TAPES WILL BE AVAILABLE in March 2022 (tapes are being sold on Amazon and eBay for over $45-$50/roll)

Will ship with USPS First Class Mail, will give you tracking number (will not be responsible for lost shipment). If you are worried about lost mail, then pay Priority Mail Shipping $10

Note: Orders are first come first serve, limited quantities. But those who send payments after I have hit my reserve quantity will be refunded. So dont wait.

Cost:
Single Roll - $27 + $5 Shipping = $32
Two Rolls - $54 + $10 Shipping = $64, each additional roll $27.
Six Rolls (Whole Box - $158 + $12 Shipping

To request and pay for/reserve tape, please contact behlgarden@gmail.com. I will only have limited quantities this season. Please do not PM Here, its hard to track

Note: This is a Non-Profit Effort on my part to help fellow gardener friends because I enjoy helping others. All I ask in return is if I have request for some budwood and you happen to have it, please share in kind. Cost I am charging is for shipping, handling, and taxes if applicable.

***NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING***
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 09:37:49 PM by behlgarden »

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
Reminder for those looking for tape. If you emailed me, no need to check back as I will email each one individually on next steps. Please do not send $$ until you hear from me.

Thanks

kinky

• Ohio
    • View Profile
So if we emailed you 2 weeks ago and havent heard back. Just hang tight?

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
I sent an email as well. Either it went into spam folder or it could be that he is getting many many emails and going over them one by one so i just need to have patience.

JR561

• Boynton Beach, Florida 33437 10b
    • View Profile
So if we emailed you 2 weeks ago and havent heard back. Just hang tight?

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Why not just order it yourself from Amazon and have it shipped to your door without a middleman? Took only a few days to arrive and they have different types and sizes.

JR561

• View Profile
Why not just order it yourself from Amazon and have it shipped to your door without a middleman? Took only a few days to arrive and they have different types and sizes.

At this price? Not that I see.

Jagmanjoe

• USA, Florida, Lakeland, 9A
    • View Profile
Can anyone provide the information about the width and length of a roll as from what I am seeing, Buddy Tape is available in different widths?

Thanks in advance for a reply.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
From what I see a roll is no more that 12$ or some give you 2 rolls and a knife for 16$ shipped to your door. For me it's a no Brainer and very affordable.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
From what I see a roll is no more that 12$ or some give you 2 rolls and a knife for 16$ shipped to your door. For me it's a no Brainer and very affordable.

That doeant sound right.  Its not buddy tape for that price. Post a link if you have one.
Brad Spaugh

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Parafilm Grafting Tape (Genuine by Parafilm 90' Roll Clear (1" - One Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085OFNVE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_RP483XZ44VW2AP0VKCH2

This is the one that I got and works great on my mango grafting. Picked up this grafting knife also and it is scary sharp. Makes it super easy to make flat cuts on the scion.
KAKURI Bonsai Grafting Knife 24mm, Hand Grafting Cutter Tool for Gardening, Japanese High Quality Hammered Carbon Steel Blade, Made in JAPAN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BTQ2ZM7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_KF58GE0J30AJZ8EY8RN8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
The buddy tape being sold in this thread is a much higher qualty tape than parafilm or generic grafting tape.  Those tapes do have their place and work fine for a lot of grafting work.  But its not the same stuff.
Brad Spaugh

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
I guess I'm not at that level yet and couldn't imagine spending that much on it. I can understand how brand prices can vary but if it works then why is it worth having better grafting tape?

Ado

• Torrance
    • View Profile
If you do enough grafting you know the difference. Like Brad said there is a place for all products. Most people on this site don't mind paying a little extra for better quality. If you compare side by side there are huge differences. What Amazon sells as grafting tape is pretty much Plastic. Grafting tape is much more elastic and you don't need to remove like the grafting tape. I've used all 3 and they all work but your success will vary on each product. I killed a Reed graft by not removing the plastic grafting tape. Since it's not elastic it girdled the graft and killed it. I don't have to do that maintenance with parafilm or grafting tape.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
The 1" parafilm Grafting Tape I listed a link for above works nice and will break when the trunk grows larger. The biggest help for me was a true grafting knife with a flat edge right handed blade. Makes it really easy to make a quick flat cut.

kinky

• Ohio
    • View Profile
I never got a reply 🤷🏼

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
UPDATE: if you sent email to behlgarden@gmail.com I got you covered on group order. Those who are still waiting, just understand that I will be placing the order and paying for it by next Thursday. Once order is placed, I will not be able to accommodate late comers. If you haven't already emailed to reserve, please follow the top of page post and contact me ASAP to reserve tape.

I will be sending you payment instruction upon receipt of tapes so you dont have to wait long after payment.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile

you have no idea what you are talking about. if you buy 10,000 rolls you will get lowest price of $16 plus.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
I have a great idea what I'm talking about. I already have the tape. Plus I  didn't have to buy 10,000 rolls or spend 160,000$ and fill my garage up with pallets of grafting tape to get a good deal. I'm sure it's not the best but if it works then why does it need to get better?

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
Whoever emailed has been sent email was sent request for payment. Tapes will be here in 2-3 weeks. Check your email and start sending payments.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:55:55 PM by behlgarden »

dadloring

• Canada/BC/Victoria/Zone9a
    • View Profile
You didn't responded to my email 😪

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
You didn't responded to my email 😪

glad I posted, I found your email in spam. replied today.

JCorte

• Laguna Beach and Fallbrook, CA, zone 10b/10a
    • View Profile
If not too late, I sent an email on the 19th for a box of 6 and didn’t get a reply.

Janet

JR561

• View Profile
Sent an email 1/7 never heard back.