Author Topic: Yangmei Help  (Read 484 times)

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
Yangmei Help
« on: January 09, 2023, 01:49:15 AM »
Hi everyone,
                      I have watched the previous yangmei orders with interest and been impressed by their success. I'm in Australia, and have looked into bringing them in here. It appears doable, although with a holding period for the plants. I'm keen to try and arrange something similar, but cannot find any info on the nursery willing to ship out of china. I've messaged a couple of people to no avail. So I'm putting it out there, if anyone could point me in the direction of the supplier so I could contact them and see if its a real possibility I'd be really grateful.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
Re: Yangmei Help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »
I'd think you could find Chinese imported fruit during the season and could plant out seeds? I tried a few times with the Chinese imported trees with not much to show for it now. I think the best thing to use them as is just scion material, and those would go great on homegrown seedlings.

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 08:54:09 PM »
I can get seeds from within Oz, but I'd like named varieties, even scion material needs source trees, that I need to know a nursery of to import.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 11:48:24 PM »
If you get root stocks growing I will send scion material. 
Brad Spaugh

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 03:35:18 PM »
That would be awesome, however without getting into the paperwork side, the process is harder for that. Over here any plants or scions of yangmei imported have a 3 month holding and inspection period. For plants, they get inspected, treated potted up by dpi and evaluated for 3 months then released. For scion material, it gets inspected, treated, then I have to supply them rootstock that they also inspect,  then they graft on a no liability basis then they have to wait until the graft takes and shoots then monitor for 3 months. They charge for each step in the process. My plan was to bring in a few of each type for myself and others, then over time people could graft some up on seedlings and share them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk