Author Topic: Testing my new Chinese lawn mower -- 209cc - $197 at Walmart  (Read 1686 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Re: Testing my new Chinese lawn mower -- 209cc - $197 at Walmart
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2023, 09:22:30 AM »
209cc?

And I thought my 195cc Briggs/Toro mower was the big dog.  ;D

In 2008 I bought a 190cc Briggs / Troy-bilt mower, this lasted a long time. I am fairly sure yours has the same size Briggs 190cc. That 190cc really took care of business on my lawn. Same  for mulching mango tree trimming into the lawn. It would take care of all the grass quickly on my friend's huge lawn in a gated Coral Springs community.

190cc is optimum for me. When I go into Home Depot I see electric lawn mowers featured. Then the gasoline powered lawn mowers are steps down from 190cc. They are 163cc or 143cc. With no 190cc mowers for sale.... Though I see some on the HD website to order along with a 170cc Honda at $549 with very good ratings >>>>  Customer Review4.6 out of 5 with 6,300 ratings and reviews  >>>>>  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-21-in-3-in-1-Variable-Speed-Gas-Walk-Behind-Self-Propelled-Lawn-Mower-with-Auto-Choke-HRN216VKA/314013158  (free shipping to home or store)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:29:25 AM by zands »

JR561

• Boynton Beach, Florida 33437 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2023, 05:19:14 PM »
High end bicycles are usually made in Europe or Japan. Like guitars as an example Chinese made are the worst even the same brand and model Korean maybe Japanese are the best quality while not being too expensive. Mexican is decent but not as high quality as Korean. American made is over priced but there for more expensive models.

It's rare for China to have good quality. Their focus is on quantity and cheap but that may be what you want sometimes and occasionally it lasts.

Practically nothing is made in USA because we have the world's most valuable currency. Without tariffs we can't compete. A Mexican making $8 an hour enjoys the same lifestyle as an American making $25 an hour. The corporations are too greedy to allow tariffs and they donate big money to politicians.

I ride a ton of chinese carbon fiber race frames and wheelsets. I trust my life with them, you would be surprised how good they are at some things. Currently waiting on a  custom painted gravel frame from one chinese company and a custom built to order wheelset from another. Both are considered high quality.

My main ride though is a Trek Madone slr9 gen 7 project one made in the USA but I still love the chinese frame to beat on when needed.

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2023, 10:26:47 AM »
UPDATE---
Still working out OK. The only negative is that this Chinese mower needs three strong pulls to start up. My previous Troy Bilt lawnmower was under powered. So I would have to stop 3-4 times or so to remove the accumulated grass from the deck's underside.  I used it in side discharge mode to help it out. The previous Troy Bilt Briggs Stratton engine was very easy to start but not strong enough.

My new Chinese mower claims 209 horsepower. Even if this is an exaggeration, let's say it really is 195 horsepower. I no longer have grass buildup on the mower deck's underside.  I use side discharge. When I am done mowing, I clean the underside (grass accumualtion) with a plastic builders' trowel. Not metal. Plastic will not harm the undersides paint, leading to rust.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk