Author Topic: Selling seeds of Dacyodes Microphylla  (Read 984 times)

fermamo2002

• Cameroon, Buea
    • View Profile
Selling seeds of Dacyodes Microphylla
« on: August 10, 2020, 07:41:45 PM »
Selling seeds of Dacryodes microphylla at 2usd/seed

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
Re: Selling seeds of Dacyodes Microphylla
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 09:24:11 PM »
Hi fermamo2002.

It would really help if you gave a description of what this fruit tasted like, because it is fairly unknown to the West. I think I saw some really nice photos you uploaded on FB, that nice bloody-jam interior would be good to see here. Uploading photos can be a bit tricky on this forum, the easy way is to hit the text "Add image to post" not any of the icons.

Another thing: The genus in question can be quite confusing, as there is Dacryodes macrocarpa and Dacryodes microcarpa. There was also a D. macrophylla but this was renamed to Pachylobus macrophyllus. What you have written matches none of the above. It would be good if you could figure this detail out.
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 06:46:58 PM »
I have confirmed with Dr. Onana at the University of Yaounde (author of the revision of African Dacryodes that appears in the library section here) that D. microphylla does not exist as a validly published species nor as a synonym for another species.  He does indicate that D. macrophylla is now present in the markets in Yaounde and suggests that, as MS suggests, pictures of the fruit or, preferably the fruit & leaves,  would clear up what you are offering.

Rex Begonias

• USA, FL/Brevard, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 07:55:51 PM »
How long these take to get to US?  2+ months? 

Should they still be viable after that long?
Asking out of interest.

joehewitt

• Hilo, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 05:49:47 PM »
If you order seeds from Africa I highly recommend using DHL. I’ve had seeds from Cameroon get to Hawaii in 7 days using DHL, including APHIS inspection. It’s a bit more expensive but totally worth it to protect your investment.