Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

My Yard 2022

<< < (2/21) > >>

K-Rimes:

--- Quote from: ScottR on May 24, 2022, 06:23:29 PM ---Cool pic's Kevin, looks like your putting plants in the ground now very nice. Is your PH low because of Oaks that grew all in that area? Plants are looking great! 8)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Robert! Yes, I went totally ham this year and put as many things in the ground as would survive. It's the right thing to do for the plants, they had all outgrown even 25g pots or just do best in the soil overall. I even tore out lots of my landlord's succulent garden and replaced it with fruiting plants. I count over 60 fruiting trees / bushes I put in the ground in the last year alone.

I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to buy the property but I will thank myself in the future for doing this if the chance comes up.

Re: acidity. I tested the soil awhile back and it was alkaline. There haven't been any oaks in the planting area(s) shown for a long time. Our well water is 8.4 so I am always always always battling the akalinity. Go through around 60lb of sulphur a year and lots of phosphoric acid for fertigation

johnb51:
 ??? How the heck do you keep the deer from eating everything??

fliptop:
Thanks for sharing--posts of people's gardens are some of my favorites. Beautiful space!

K-Rimes:

--- Quote from: johnb51 on May 24, 2022, 09:11:21 PM --- ??? How the heck do you keep the deer from eating everything??

--- End quote ---

The mountain lions do an awesome job up here! Unfortunately my neighbors have lost their livestock here and there. When I see deer I chase them off and will also use a deer enforcer sprinkler if they're coming around frequently. We don't have many deer due to drought conditions as well.

roblack:
Beautiful! Your home and garden look in harmony with the natural surroundings, and it will only get better. Would be fun wandering around trying to id everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version