Author Topic: Help I.D. fruit tree.  (Read 748 times)

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Help I.D. fruit tree.
« on: August 03, 2021, 06:39:03 PM »
I was told this was an araza fruit (eugenia stipitata) tree when I purchased it back in December. It just doesn't seem like the leaves are the same when I find the pictures online of an Araza fruit tree. Thanks for the help.

shmojojojo

• Southern California, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Help I.D. fruit tree.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 09:21:29 PM »
Definitely not Eugenia stipitata. Leaves on mine are opposite, oval and kind of stiff. Looks familiar though. I'm sure someone will recognize it.

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 04:45:33 PM »
I think that's Campomanesia lineatifolia.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 08:58:35 PM »
He ripped me off, it's a Hackberry. I. Opulent bear looking at and thinking about getting ripped off so it got introduced to the Sawzall and then the yanked out with lawn mower. It's in the fire pit now. I'd like to get some seeds if you ever have any shmojojo.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 09:24:10 PM »
Definitely not arassa'-boi, Eugenia stipitata;  however, many other fruits are called arassa' in indigenous South American languages, so be careful about alleging inappropriate behavior.
Har

shmojojojo

• Southern California, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 01:35:00 AM »
He ripped me off, it's a Hackberry. I. Opulent bear looking at and thinking about getting ripped off so it got introduced to the Sawzall and then the yanked out with lawn mower. It's in the fire pit now. I'd like to get some seeds if you ever have any shmojojo.

Ah man, sorry to hear that. I hope she burned as bright as your rage ;D I would be glad to give you seeds, but it might be a while. Had a few flowers this year, but no fruit. Maybe next year.

Not sure you want to start from seed anyways. A nice size Araza shouldn't be too hard to find in Florida. They're pretty common at the tropical fruit nurseries around So. California. I found a 3gal for $50. I believe they're from pine island nursery. Good luck.

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 07:28:32 AM »
Nice! How does your plant do in the winter? Is it in a pot?? It came out rage free (maybe 3mins to get the root ball out) but I did have to jump forward a little on the mower to give me the winning edge of inertia 😆....yea the pine island place is kind of funny when I try asking them questions but I think they just want to sell to other nurseries or ???. I got some of their plants from other nurseries like you but I'm only 1.5hrs away. The people at Spykes Grove have been helping me out. It costs me a lot more than shipping to drive there and back in the truck while I can be working. Hope you get lots of good fruit off your tree, thank you.