Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

2023 White Sapote Taste Test - Best Ones on Your Trees

<< < (8/8)

Greater Good:

--- Quote from: mcoambassador on November 27, 2023, 10:45:24 AM ---Is Redlands still one of the most popular varieties in Florida? Iím curious how that one would stack up.

--- End quote ---

You're gonna start hearing about the Cambell. Named after Carl Cambell (Richard's father). Lara Farms 🚜 in Homestead is propagating it.

sc4001992:
DavidBYE, do you know or have heard how Redlands compares in taste to Younhan's Gold? I have both grafted on my tree but the Redlands is less than one year old graft so no fruits yet.

Greater Good, I have the Campbell tree (small one from Laura Farms) which is a slow grower for me. I will be grafting it on my larger tree so I hope in another year I can taste the fruit and compare it to the other Florida white sapote. For me, the Younghan's Gold tastes the best so far. Also it is very productive, maybe even more than the Cuccio.

Sir Graftalot:

--- Quote from: Greater Good on January 02, 2024, 03:59:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: mcoambassador on November 27, 2023, 10:45:24 AM ---Is Redlands still one of the most popular varieties in Florida? Iím curious how that one would stack up.

--- End quote ---

You're gonna start hearing about the Cambell. Named after Carl Cambell (Richard's father). Lara Farms 🚜 in Homestead is propagating it.

--- End quote ---
I have been looking for scions of both Campbell and Younghan's Gold. If any of you have a cutting or two to spare, please shoot me a message. Thanks.

DavidBYE:
I have a small Cambell. No fruit yet, so I can't make a comparison. Would like to get my hands on a Younghan's though. If anyone is offering them, please let me know. My only tree is to small to graft onto. Can White Sapote be rooted from cuttings?

sc4001992:
Here's Harry's comments on the best tasting in Florida back in 2015.

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=15889.0

There may not be that many other white/yellow sapote that tastes better than Younghan's Gold. I have both the Supersweet and Bonita Springs and they are average tasting to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version