Citrus > Citrus Buy, Sell, & Trade

WTB Kumquat seeds.

<< < (2/3) > >>

D-Grower:
Don't have that variety myself. I do have a grafted nagami and meiwa tree. Fruit on them now. Could probably send you seeds if you like soon. I've noticed meiwa seeds don't like to sprout well but occasionally one will pop up. Not sure why they are like that for me anyway.

LazarusLong714:
Thanks D-Grower.     I will take you up on that offer!   Starting off with some meiwa seeds would be great.   My Nagami seedlings are still mostly doing well.    I had a little set back because I wasn't fertilizing them and most of their leaves were turning yellow, but I have that sorted out now.  I lost a couple of the seedlings, and most of the rest lost a few leaves but the remaining leaves greened back up and new leaves are in good shape and color.

How old is your plant?  is this the first year of it fruiting?  I would be happy to cover postage.  Please keep me posted, and thanks!

Lazarus

Rajski15:
Dont have your preferred varieties but i do have a 2-3 yr grafted Meiwa.
Small tree, very high yield, taste is pretty good also.
Highly recommend it, dont know how it compares to the other varieties.

D-Grower:

--- Quote from: LazarusLong714 on November 27, 2023, 09:37:49 PM ---Thanks D-Grower.     I will take you up on that offer!   Starting off with some meiwa seeds would be great.   My Nagami seedlings are still mostly doing well.    I had a little set back because I wasn't fertilizing them and most of their leaves were turning yellow, but I have that sorted out now.  I lost a couple of the seedlings, and most of the rest lost a few leaves but the remaining leaves greened back up and new leaves are in good shape and color.

How old is your plant?  is this the first year of it fruiting?  I would be happy to cover postage.  Please keep me posted, and thanks!

Lazarus

--- End quote ---

I do have a few ripe fruits now. Its pretty cold at the moment. Seeds would likely freeze in transit this time of year.

LazarusLong714:
Hi Rajski15 and D-Grower:

Sorry I have been a little distracted lately.    Youngest son is a high school senior and have had college visits, etc......Busy busy busy.

Anyway, I will be down in Dunedin Florida visiting Family on January 26 and 27.      I mentioned the Kumquat festival to my wife months ago (when I started asking on this site about it) and to my surprise, my wife made it a weekend trip for us.  Not sure where you guys live but I will be in Dunedin most of the 26th and in Dade City most of the 27th.   Not sure what time the flight out is on the 28th, but the 29th is Monday and I will have to be back at work that day...   If either of you are close maybe we could meet up for a coffee or a beer (depending on the time of day and your inclinations).

I have not tasted Meiwa, just Nagami.   Hoping to taste some other varieties in January.     I have no idea what to expect, except to enjoy the time with my wife and her cousin (the family that lives in Dunedin).

D-Grower, if seeds would still be an option, I would be happy to trade a beer and some good conversation for a few seeds!

Anyway, gentlemen, It's almost time to ring in the New Year.    I wish both of you (and everyone else) the best possible 2024.   Happy New Year to everyone and their families.

Lazarus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version