Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Help! Whatís going on with my MUSA Florida

(1/2) > >>

Just1More:
Just checked the roots. They look great no rot at all. Just the side rotting a out! Why :'( :'(

MadFarm:
Let it dry out

roblack:
I have a hard time not overwatering bananas in pots. Might be a good idea to pop it in the ground, with fresh and well draining media.

Just1More:

--- Quote from: roblack on November 26, 2023, 01:50:11 PM ---I have a hard time not overwatering bananas in pots. Might be a good idea to pop it in the ground, with fresh and well draining media.

--- End quote ---
I know I fear itís going to get killed by the winter so Iím trying to hold off till spring. Just hope I can keep it alive till then!

I got it as a very tiny tissue culture and have had no problems with it till now. As I said I just reported it and the roots arr maybe 3-3.5 ft long so itís time to go in the ground, I know it will explode when I do. But I donít want to loose it this winter.

Epicatt2:
If the rot continues to worsen but before it overcomes the plant you might consider whacking off the top about an inch or so below the rotted area, making sure that youv'e removed all the rot.  Sacrificing the top won't kill the plant and it should continue to grow out from the top of the stub that's left.

Just be sure that there is no evidence of rot in the ramaining portion of the stub.  You may also want to dust the cut end with some cinnamon powder which has antibacterial properties.

Anyway, that is what I would do in a similar situation.

OK ó HTH

Paul M.
==

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version