Author Topic: Last Annonaceae sales for this season  (Read 4653 times)

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
Last Annonaceae sales for this season
« on: September 18, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »

TO ALL PEOPLE: THE SALE BELOW IS SOLD OUT SINCE 2 MONTHS AGO. THANKS!!!

For all friends annonaholic collectors that have not been able to buy some species in my last sale:

This is your lucky day!

I saved some plants now available for sale, it's a good chance to get very rare fruits for your collection. Most of those were originally planned for my garden.

All are not difficult to cultivate and are already acclimatized outdoor (not in greenhouse). My summer was great and they grew further. Here you can find the previous photos in my last post: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=24867.msg291978#msg291978

I shipped everywhere in the world. Below you have the N° of plants available and prices: for orders with more than 4 plants, you get 20% discount.

Species   N° plants   Price in Euro   
Annona cornifolia   2   15   (flowering size, see attached photo)
Annona Sp. (squamosa)   1   15   
Annona Sp. (rollinia)   1   15   
Annona bahiensis   4   30   
Annona nutans   2   30   
Annona stenophylla   2   30   
Annona parviflora   8   25   
Duguetia confinis   1   30   
Annona neolaurifolia   3   25   
Annona ubatubensis   2   30   
Anonidium mannii   1   40   
Annona muricata   3   15   
Annona squamosa   1   15   

Feel free to contact me for any enquiry you may have!

All the best,

Giampaolo

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:10:42 AM by Tropical Fruit Bonsai »

tong3829

• thailand
    • View Profile
Re: Last Annonaceae sales for this season
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 06:10:48 AM »
i got the plant already. all the seedlings are in very good condition.
only one thing problem, you used too big box for sending the plant to oversea. the box was very big cause a lot of shipping fee and catched the custom eye.
 my plant got confiscated but i went to negotiate and pay extra money. finally i got them back with me.
but i love your plant

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »

Many thanks Tong,

the box size was only to preserve the leaves and health of the plants: I had bad experiences in the past recieving damaged plants because shipped with too small boxes. Fortunately, the box weight didn't affect the shipping price, while on the other hand the extra plants I put in it did, and I had to pay by my side the difference. Anyway, I was truly happy to deliver to you these treasures!!! They are in good hands now again.

Take care of them, will be great!

Giampaolo

i got the plant already. all the seedlings are in very good condition.
only one thing problem, you used too big box for sending the plant to oversea. the box was very big cause a lot of shipping fee and catched the custom eye.
 my plant got confiscated but i went to negotiate and pay extra money. finally i got them back with me.
but i love your plant

Sune

• Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »
I am insterested in annona muricata and annona cornifolia, if you still got some  ;)?

Brd
Sune 

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »
Dear Sune, I sent you a PM, please check!

Thanks,

Giampaolo

I am insterested in annona muricata and annona cornifolia, if you still got some  ;)?

Brd
Sune

Sune

• Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
I am sorry - but I haven't got any PM yet. I am still interested in annonaceae - hope some still left  ;)
Brd Sune

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 05:44:33 PM »
Hi I resent a PM to you... did you get it?

thanks,

Giampaolo

I am sorry - but I haven't got any PM yet. I am still interested in annonaceae - hope some still left  ;)
Brd Sune

JFranco

• Ericeira, Portugal, Zone 10b.
    • View Profile
    • Passionfruit & Friends
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 03:58:39 PM »
Hi all,

Received today my package! Super professional service, extra fast and perfect packaging!

Thanks again,

João Franco

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 04:20:06 AM »
Thanks Joao!!

All the best,

Giampaolo

azorean

• Portugal, Azores, São Roque do Pico
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 04:35:33 PM »
The plants arrived in perfect condition. Overal, the service was very professional and the plants were carefully packed!

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 05:26:04 PM »
The plants arrived in perfect condition. Overal, the service was very professional and the plants were carefully packed!

Many thanks Tiago!!!!!

Next year will have more jewels for you!!

cheers,

Giampaolo

Sune

• Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
This weekend I received the last annona plants from this season - and the first in my annona adventure that will, hopefully, last many years to come. The plants look healthy and were packed well. There was no damage from their journey from Italy to Denmark. Overall, very satisfied and excited by this chance to getting started in the Annonaceae sphere. Thank you Giampaolo, I will look forward to seeing what jewels you have in stock next year  ;)!

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 09:42:19 AM »

Thank you so much Sune,

I have in pipeline many ultra-rare annonaceae for conosseurs for sale for the next year. I will give priority to all friends who were so enthusiastic like you.

Hope you will keep safe and fruitful your Annonas for the next years, and they will reward you!!!

For any cultivation tip you may need just ask!

All the best,

Giampaolo

This weekend I received the last annona plants from this season - and the first in my annona adventure that will, hopefully, last many years to come. The plants look healthy and were packed well. There was no damage from their journey from Italy to Denmark. Overall, very satisfied and excited by this chance to getting started in the Annonaceae sphere. Thank you Giampaolo, I will look forward to seeing what jewels you have in stock next year  ;)!

Fruitdork

• Honokaa Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »
Aloha Giampaolo!
Mahalo Nui Loa for sharing these amazing Annonas.
The plants look great!  No jet lag
Please keep me on the list for next available 🌱.
I repotted them and have them in full sun.  So far they look happy .
Blessings

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »
Great Micah,

many thanks for your kind words!!

one day I will visit you in Hawaii... still in my dreams,,,

By the way, in the meanwhile do not hesitate to ask me whatever you may need for best results with these treasures. Next year I will have the rarest of the rarest annonaceae... you will be up in my list!

hugs from Italy,

Giampaolo

Aloha Giampaolo!
Mahalo Nui Loa for sharing these amazing Annonas.
The plants look great!  No jet lag
Please keep me on the list for next available 🌱.
I repotted them and have them in full sun.  So far they look happy .
Blessings

Fruitdork

• Honokaa Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »
Aloha brethren,
In the nursery should they be in full sun or partial?
As far as watering goes? Is it ok to water every day like our other plants? Or should I set aside an annona cerrado zone that gets less watering?  They look like they are quite hardy.
You get royal carpet treatment when you visit Hawaii from me.
Mahalo!

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »

Hi Micah!

For the plants with Cerrado origins (A.cornifolia, A.sp.rollinia, A.sp.squamosa) as well as for those with African origins like A.stenophylla or the one close to Paraguay (A.nutans), you should bear in mind what I found in Wikipedia, that I agree with:

"The Cerrado's climate is typical of the rather moister savanna regions of the world, with a semi-humid tropical climate. The Cerrado is limited to two dominant seasons throughout the year, wet and dry. Annual temperatures for the Cerrado average between 22 and 27 °C and average precipitation between 800–2000 mm for over 90% of the area.[5] This ecoregion has a very strong dry season during the southern winter (approx. April– September)"

So, my suggestion is: put these plants in full sun, and at least for 6 months, if the plants are planted in the ground, I would water much less than the rest of the plants you have, profiting from your dry season. So, be careful to not rot the roots with too much water when the plants are static! Especially for A.stenophylla which has at the base a tuberous root which cumulate water for the dry season every year!
By the way, if A.stenophylla start drying in the aereal part at the end of season, don't be afraid!!! It's normal, every year do like this, and restart growing from the tuber the following season, usually with new flowers!!

The rest of the plants, things are much easier, since A.bahiensis, A.parviflora, A.neolaurifolia and A.ubatubensis are much flexible. It worth to mention that I found in my bonsai collection that A.bahiensis and A.neolaurifolia are much more cold resistant but my advice is: do not rely too much on that, since I also found they react muuuuuch better if they are exposed to half shade/sun during the hot season days and protected by the cold wind during the night also in cold season. You recognize that immediately when they are in the flowering dress: they feel stonger if they were protected!

Another interesting tip is the manure: for all Cerrado type, they like organic manure, but do NOT exaggerate with it! The Cerrado ground like the African savannah are very poor soil!!! Too much manure can burn the roots easily. Do it carefully only few days before the seasonal new growths.
For the other annonaceae, they can tolerate much more flexibility in term of quantity and percentage of components, but do not exceed to acid PH.

Last but not least: be careful about the wind: these annonaceae are quite resistant, but I recognized that they prefer protected places from the cold winds. I mean, they don't like still places without wind, but not too windy! This is because still humidity can lead to mold in the leaves and that's really not good! If you have a place in the third line of the beachfront that's could be the best.

Ok, that's enough for the moment, for any other question you may have, just ask!

hugs from Italy,

Giampaolo

Aloha brethren,
In the nursery should they be in full sun or partial?
As far as watering goes? Is it ok to water every day like our other plants? Or should I set aside an annona cerrado zone that gets less watering?  They look like they are quite hardy.
You get royal carpet treatment when you visit Hawaii from me.
Mahalo!