Author Topic: Greenhouse Shade Screen  (Read 1097 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Greenhouse Shade Screen
« on: May 25, 2020, 11:13:13 AM »
In the past I have used a black shade screen to reduce the heat inside the greenhouse from the summer sun.  This year I purchase a reflective silver coated shade screen  called Aluminet Bulk Shade. It is not as heavy as the black shade screen that I had been using, and is a lot easier to put on.  The one I purchased reduces the incoming light by 30 percent, by reflecting the suns rays back into the atmosphere. .  With the Aluminet Bulk Shade cloth covering, and the greenhouse's exhaust fans, the greenhouse is doing just fine keeping the greenhouse at reasonable inside temperatures..

https://www.greenhousemegastore.com/search?q=aluminet&gclid=CjwKCAjw2a32BRBXEiwAUcugiOvihuxU8zB4ivXqtW3ZAD0-YMC2RUF8v_2P8eDefzLjy9vaEO21EBoCnbEQAvD_BwE
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:21:32 AM by Millet »

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Re: Greenhouse Shade Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 09:26:18 AM »
Thanks Millet!
You may have done this before, but could you post some pics of your setup???

Carolyn

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 04:04:24 PM »
Millet I thought you had been using aluminet for a long time?  I remember you writing about it before

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 04:12:24 PM »
Brian, I did buy one years ago,  Either I, or one of my helpers tore it putting it on.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »
Thanks.  I am considering doing this also but first I want to see how my misting system does with no phosphate filter.  Last year I got white scale residue on the trees closest to the foggers.  I am wondering if that is from dissolved solids in my water or the phosphate filter itself.  It is extremely effective at cooling but the residue is annoying

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk