Author Topic: Sweetest pink/red guava, Mexican Cream guava, and guavas in general  (Read 8565 times)

JCorte

• Laguna Beach and Fallbrook, CA, zone 10b/10a
    • View Profile
Re: Sweetest pink/red guava, Mexican Cream guava, and guavas in general
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2022, 08:28:44 PM »
This is the first fruit off a guava tree I bought from Guava King on eBay a couple years ago.  It doesnít match any of the descriptions he has but Iím happy to have it.  Itís moved up to our first place spot.

Fruit is large and completely seedless, texture is denser and firmer than our other guavas, more like a pear.  Sweet with a balance of tartness and a nice light guava flavor.  Scott doesnít like the skin on some guavas, but he liked this one.  I have a couple that have a stronger tropical guava flavor but for overall eating quality, especially being seedless, we like it best so far.

Does anyone recognize this variety?

Janet

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2022, 09:56:18 PM »
Galka, thanks for the info on source for your trees.

Janet, that is a large fruit and seedless so that's a winner. I hope my grafted seedless guava from Trianhthy and Crystal seedless from Xshen grows faster so I can check out the fruits. Both of their fruits are large. The shape of your fruit looks similar to Trianhthy's true seedless guava.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2022, 10:10:53 PM »
Janet, I doubt your guava from Guava King (ebay) is the same source as the one from Trianhthy but the fruit looks similar.

Good news that his guava is very good tasting and large. I also purchased a few different varieties from Guava King a year or so ago. The trees that survived looked like the fruits were different for the box store (Home Depot, Lowes) plain varieties. One tree I got is his Crunchy Pink, supposed to be seedless, hope the fruit gets as big as yours.

seng

• ManOfFruits
    • USA, Ca, San Diego,92126, Mira Mesa
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2022, 11:33:58 PM »
It is probably the Indonesian seedless.  It is soft and seedless.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk