Author Topic: Do you need a license to sell plants online in Florida?  (Read 1999 times)

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
Do you need a license to sell plants online in Florida?
« on: March 19, 2022, 01:57:39 AM »
If so, How can I sign up? What my eligibility? Is the process difficult?
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

dwfl

• Bokeelia
    • View Profile
Re: Do you need a license to sell plants online in Florida?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 09:21:14 AM »
Nothing too complicated. Fill out a form, have an inspection, pay the fee.

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 07:54:06 PM »
Ahh man, I figured I’d sell extra plants online to fund my hobby. I don’t think my parents are gonna want someone coming to inspect or registering their house as a nursery 😅 darn… :(

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 10:14:03 PM »
It can be very simple. The inspector came and saw my small shade house, looked at a few plants and mentioned some pests he saw on them, aphids, etc. and left after 10 minutes. Really no big deal. They like to see plants up and off the ground against nematodes. Don't have anything on the prohibited list. It could be a good gig for a younger person and there is money in it if you can develop skills. I suggest grafting if you like that and finding something you could specialize in that others aren't doing. A niche strategy where a need isn't being fulfilled. Philodendrums are fantastically expensive right now but if you get things right they should be lucrative, mostly they need heat and humidity. Good luck, starting a business at a young age is really a great thing if I were a parent I'd be all for it.

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 08:05:52 PM »
Ahh man, I figured I’d sell extra plants online to fund my hobby. I don’t think my parents are gonna want someone coming to inspect or registering their house as a nursery 😅 darn… :(

Your parents should be very pleased that their child has entrepreneurial instincts at a young age. Pitch your idea to your parents in a professional way, stating what you would like to do, what it would entail from them, and the actions you would take to make the venture a success. Then, see if they approve of your proposal. They should, particularly if it means you (or at least your plant buying hobby) becoming more financially self-sufficient.

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 08:30:55 PM »
It can be very simple. The inspector came and saw my small shade house, looked at a few plants and mentioned some pests he saw on them, aphids, etc. and left after 10 minutes. Really no big deal. They like to see plants up and off the ground against nematodes. Don't have anything on the prohibited list. It could be a good gig for a younger person and there is money in it if you can develop skills. I suggest grafting if you like that and finding something you could specialize in that others aren't doing. A niche strategy where a need isn't being fulfilled. Philodendrums are fantastically expensive right now but if you get things right they should be lucrative, mostly they need heat and humidity. Good luck, starting a business at a young age is really a great thing if I were a parent I'd be all for it.

Is it true that I can sell and ship plants to certain states without a license? Or do I need one overall or any sale I make will be considered illegal?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk