Author Topic: Sweet tart mango seeds  (Read 3058 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet tart mango seeds
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2022, 01:33:48 AM »
Hey Brad, I would love to be added to your list of people seeking seeds of the sweet tart. I too am located in San Diego and have been told by several growers that this cultivar is where I need to start with mango.

Seeds are gone Im sorry for those that wanted and didnt get.  They were a hot item, I got bombarded with requests for the seeds.

Brad Spaugh

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2022, 01:35:34 AM »
All the sweet tart seeds I got from Brad are now seedlings. Most of the seeds sprouted two to three seedlings each. Since it is winter, I used heat mats and clear storage containers to keep the heat and moisture in to germinate.

I tried vertical and horizontal planting the seeds as an experiment and the seeds that were planted vertically seem to have a more vigorous growth. I placed them all directly in potting soil 1 gal container.

The three containers in the front are some of the sweet tart seedlings.

Nice, I saved a few of the last ones foe myself and have them in pots in the garage but havent sprouted yet. 

I also got one of those grow tents and have some plants in there and holy crap plants grow super fast in the tent.  Its worth it if you can use a small tent and your lamp and keep it hot inside it.  Those mangos will grow really fast in a tent sitting at 90F. 
Brad Spaugh

yimnvs

• USA, CA, San Leandro, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2022, 11:20:09 AM »
All the sweet tart seeds I got from Brad are now seedlings. Most of the seeds sprouted two to three seedlings each. Since it is winter, I used heat mats and clear storage containers to keep the heat and moisture in to germinate.

I tried vertical and horizontal planting the seeds as an experiment and the seeds that were planted vertically seem to have a more vigorous growth. I placed them all directly in potting soil 1 gal container.

The three containers in the front are some of the sweet tart seedlings.

Nice, I saved a few of the last ones foe myself and have them in pots in the garage but havent sprouted yet. 

I also got one of those grow tents and have some plants in there and holy crap plants grow super fast in the tent.  Its worth it if you can use a small tent and your lamp and keep it hot inside it.  Those mangos will grow really fast in a tent sitting at 90F.

Thanks for letting me know about the grow tent. Does it get that hot in the tent with just grow lights or do you need a heater? My four grow liights are 40w each and they do get warm. My garage will get into the high 40s on the coldest mornings.

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2022, 03:53:33 PM »
The tent gets warm with just lights.  I have an exhaust fan with a thermostat on it and you can dial the temperature to whatever you want.

A small tent will get pretty warm.  They have some really cheap ones on amazon.  I thought about buying one for a long time and never did it.  Now I finally got it and it works super well.  Its the best way to control the environment of your plants.  It works good for starting seeds like tomato plant or whatever you want in winternthen they are big and ready to go out early in spring.   
Brad Spaugh

yimnvs

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2022, 05:42:51 PM »
Cool, How big is your tent?

I just got a 48x24x60in tent for $65 on Amazon. I will run the lights at night probably from 6pm to 9am. Save electricity $ since its mostly out of peak hours and also keeps the tent warmer at night.

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2022, 08:07:04 PM »
I got one the same size i think or slightly bigger.  I think its 28in x 56 or some off size slightly larger than 4ft x 2ft. 

They have a 5x5 one Im tempted to buy for 100$.

Theres some generic no name ones for super cheap. 
Brad Spaugh

yimnvs

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2022, 09:18:55 PM »
Yea the ohuhu one for $97? I found another one for $42 and got that instead. lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0894LKHY2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2022, 12:18:13 AM »
Yea the ohuhu one for $97? I found another one for $42 and got that instead. lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0894LKHY2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah you got it, theres some super cheap no name stuff, its all the same chinese tent factory. 
Brad Spaugh

Azndevildog24

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2023, 12:51:09 AM »
I sold the ones I had.  But theres quite a few more fruit on the trees im still picking so theres more seeds coming in the next few days to weeks.  I will contact people in order I see them asking.

Happy new year all!

Hi Brad,

I’m looking into growing  new varieties and would be interested in buying mango seeds.
Would love to be added onto your list for any sweet tart or other mango varietie that become available.

Thanks,
Jimmy

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2023, 12:59:57 AM »
I sold the ones I had.  But theres quite a few more fruit on the trees im still picking so theres more seeds coming in the next few days to weeks.  I will contact people in order I see them asking.

Happy new year all!

Hi Brad,

I’m looking into growing  new varieties and would be interested in buying mango seeds.
Would love to be added onto your list for any sweet tart or other mango varietie that become available.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Hello, mango season is over sorry.  It will be about 9 or 10 more months. 
Brad Spaugh