Author Topic: Air layering guava in winter question  (Read 406 times)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Air layering guava in winter question
« on: December 16, 2022, 01:51:44 AM »
Hi ! I have 4 regular guavas in my greenhouse and i am planning to remove 2 of them to make space for other exotic fruit plants. Is now a good time for air layering guava? I want to make several air layers on them, before i dig the whole plants in spring. The greenhouse is heated and for now it stays solid above 10C ,around 15 to 20 C in the night, in the day it is usually warmer. The guavas are growing at the moment, not as fast as in summer but they are def having new growth.
I want to do this now since i want hopefully, to be able to dig them up around may or june, i could dig them up now but i will be sacrificing alot of the branches since i cant dig the rootball big enouth, due to closeby plants.
What do you think? Thanks for your oppinion !

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Air layering guava in winter question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 10:47:38 AM »
You can graft or air-layer evergreen tree year round.
It’s just slower during cool weather.

Do your guavas drop leaves over winter?

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Re: Air layering guava in winter question
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 01:06:07 PM »
You can graft or air-layer evergreen tree year round.
It’s just slower during cool weather
Do your guavas drop leaves over winter?

Thanks! I'll go ahead and do them now.... well they do drop some leaves right now, but the ones that are dropping are from last summer, only the oldest ones. Last year when my heating system was weak af they had reddish ill looking leaves this time of year, this year the heating is stronger and right now they are as green as in summer and are growing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk