Author Topic: No Annona Herzogii discussion?  (Read 503 times)

BayAreaMicroClimate

• Dublin, California 9b
    • View Profile
No Annona Herzogii discussion?
« on: July 16, 2021, 11:10:10 PM »
I noticed this was only mentioned once. I ordered seeds from IDSeedsFarm on Etsy and came from Isreal . Also ordered Jarilla Chocola which I don’t think is mentioned much either. I will post pics if I have any luck with germination

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
Re: No Annona Herzogii discussion?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 12:11:56 AM »
I ordered a few seeds from Trade Winds this spring. No germination from any of them, yet. I have kept them on a heating pad under plant lights in my seed starting area just in case they need several months to germinate. Some Annona seeds are quite finicky; think about all the ilama germination discussion that has occurred on the Forum over the years. I did not treat my Annona herzogii with anything, such as GA3. That could be why I have had no success with them. You might want to experiment, if you have enough seeds, and treat a handful of seeds to see if they germinate quicker or with a better rate than untreated seeds.

The difficulties I have had in getting Annonaceae seeds to germinate is one of the reasons I have largely abandoned collecting trying to collect Annonas, Uvarias, etc. in favor of Myrtaceae species. In general, I have a pretty good idea of how to germinate Plinias, Myrciarias, Eugenias, Psidiums, etc. I have had nothing but problems with the rarer Annonaceae.

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 07:02:57 PM »
I would love to see Har chime in with some information about Annona herzogii. I am sure he knows more about this Annona species than pretty much anyone else on the Forum (or anywhere else for that matter).

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 08:17:06 AM »
It used to be rollinia herzogii, I think that no rollinia except deliciosa is worthy to grow for fruit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk