Author Topic: Mango, Sapodilla and Mamey Scions and Trees for Sale. 300+ varieties  (Read 2077 times)

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
It’s mango budwood season again. $6 per scion + shipping (FedEx Express -2 day air).  We are now taking orders for budwood checks which we currently conduct on Sundays. After we check your list, we’ll send you an invoice. Sapodilla and Mamey scions available as well.

There is a $6 check fee which gets applied towards your order. If we don’t find anything ready from your list or you cancel before we check it, we refund you the $6.

https://www.tropicalacresfarms.com/budwood-checklist-request?utm_campaign=04d4ead3-ad8a-449f-a451-d7e700d54870&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail

We sell trees too and can ship 1 and 3 gallons to all states including California and Arizona (phyto sanitary inspection required). We also can graft you a tree and carry non-Turpentine rootstocks for those of you in California and Arizona. Seedling trees are also available for those that want to grow poly varieties in those states.

We can be reached via email at TropicalAcresFarms@gmail.com
You can also text us at 561-358-8566
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 09:22:21 AM by Squam256 »

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
Re: Mango Scions and Trees for Sale. 300+ varieties
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 10:40:52 PM »
I always have such good results with his budwood ! My neighbors put in graft request for two mango trees that is such a great service.

Thanks for all you do!

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 10:21:55 AM »
Completely agree, best bud wood I’ve received.

Simon

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 02:48:22 PM »
Hi Alex, what varieties can you confirm to be dwarfed by grafting onto Piva rootstock?
I really love the flavor of Cac, but I also read it's a big tree. There are a few other biggies that have interested me over the years (I can't recall which offhand) that I thought would never work in my space. I've been hoping Piva might be a game-changer in that regard.

Thanks!

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 08:28:16 PM »
Completely agree, best bud wood I’ve received.

Simon
I always have such good results with his budwood ! My neighbors put in graft request for two mango trees that is such a great service.

Thanks for all you do!

Thank you John and Simon, we really appreciate the positive comments and are glad to see the success you’ve had.

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 08:34:27 PM »
Hi Alex, what varieties can you confirm to be dwarfed by grafting onto Piva rootstock?
I really love the flavor of Cac, but I also read it's a big tree. There are a few other biggies that have interested me over the years (I can't recall which offhand) that I thought would never work in my space. I've been hoping Piva might be a game-changer in that regard.

Thanks!

Piva is known to dwarf old Florida varieties and some mangos of Indian descent.

What I’ve found is it dwarfs some stuff, stunts other stuff, and does nothing to a lot of mangos. It doesn’t seem to do anything to Lemon Zest for example. We’ve actually discontinued offering graft orders on Piva rootstock because of all the variability, plus the stocks take a long time to be ready to graft to begin with compared to the vast majority of other rootstocks.
We do still sell Piva rootstocks though , and will probably continue to graft to them sparingly on our own time as an experiment

I would be pretty skeptical of its ability to slow down Cac. But I haven’t tested it out yet.

pdxambassador

• Orlando, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 10:41:55 AM »
@Squam256 which varietal(s) do you most recommend for a Central Florida garden? It doesn't need to be super productive, as the fruit is to be just for my family. Just needs to be delicious and healthy. :-)

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 12:58:26 PM »
I'm prowling your ever-growing list, just noticed that your Cecilove link is no longer going to an active page: https://www.tropicalacresfarms.com/product-page/cecilove-zill-34-24
Is that just a glitch, or are you no longer offering Ceci for some reason? I bought a few of that variety from you last year, one took very well and is thriving on mature rootstock. Hope to see some flowers next season (several other varieties you sent last year are already flowering/fruiting).

Also, I had a question regarding avocado scions. Last year you sent me a combined order (avocado + mango), will I be able to do that again? I'm guessing you just aren't checking avocado scions yet; if that is the case, when do you think I'll be able to put in a scion check/request (for Dupuis and Catalina)? I'm holding off on my mango scion order/check so I can combine them on the same order.

Thanks again!

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2022, 02:06:02 PM »
Huh weird about the Cecilove issue. I just received my Cecilove scion today, maybe their trees don't have any more scions to spare.

Malhar

• Irvine CA, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2022, 02:27:32 PM »
@Squam256: Is it possible to reserve scions by paying now and receiving them it in July?

It seems that best time to graft in California is July - August but it is difficult to find scions at that time.

Thanks

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2022, 02:34:13 PM »
Huh weird about the Cecilove issue. I just received my Cecilove scion today, maybe their trees don't have any more scions to spare.
Likely just a tech glitch then, page was renamed or something.

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 03:38:50 PM »
Here is the link for Cecilove, I tried it today and still working, page name must have been changed:
https://www.tropicalacresfarms.com/product-page/cecilove

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2022, 08:28:03 AM »
Here is the link for Cecilove, I tried it today and still working, page name must have been changed:
https://www.tropicalacresfarms.com/product-page/cecilove
Yep, it's a bad link in the varieties table (at the bottom of the mangoes page).

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2022, 09:21:32 AM »
Regarding Avocado scions most of the avocado trees are still flowering/setting fruit. I would expect by the end of this month and May we’ll have avocado scions available again.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Mango, Sapodilla and Mamey Scions and Trees for Sale. 300+ varieties
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 09:23:54 AM »
Thanks Alex, please announce it here when the requests can be made and I'll put mine in :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk