Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

No posts?

(1/2) > >>

Citradia:
Why is nobody posting anything to cold-hardy citrus forum? Did everybody's citrus die out the past two winters?

manfromyard:
Well Citradia, Cold Hardy Citrus tend to go dormant, and grow a lot slower than their tropical or sub tropical counterparts.

It's not very eventful to post "My citrangequat got 3 more leaves!"

I think it will pick up in summer time.

As for me, My citrangequat got 3 more leaves!  ;D

LOL. Also my baby Taiwanica came back, as did my "improved" citrangequat.
Maybe when growth picks up, we'll have some more stuff to post...

Citradia:
Well Manfromyard, I'm glad your citrus survived and has started to grow. My post was coming from a place of general concern, not criticism. I've enjoyed reading about others' experiences with their cold-hardy citrus, and with the past two cold winters, I was hoping to here from others saying their citrus survived, etc. thanks for your response. I've not heard of "improved " citrangquat; does it have nicer fruit or better cold hardiness than Thomasville? My Thomasville died down to one foot from ground but is growing well now.

Citradia:
My Thomasville from last month; I'll take current pic and post later.

manfromyard:

--- Quote from: Citradia on May 20, 2015, 06:08:45 PM ---Well Manfromyard, I'm glad your citrus survived and has started to grow. My post was coming from a place of general concern, not criticism. I've enjoyed reading about others' experiences with their cold-hardy citrus, and with the past two cold winters, I was hoping to here from others saying their citrus survived, etc. thanks for your response. I've not heard of "improved " citrangquat; does it have nicer fruit or better cold hardiness than Thomasville? My Thomasville died down to one foot from ground but is growing well now.

--- End quote ---

I call it "improved", As far as I know, it's unnamed, and has larger fruit than the thomasville. I first heard of it here..

http://www.southernmatters.com/image-database/upload/Outlaw/Outlaw-417.html

He calls it a 10 &3/4 Citrangequat, and states "It produces an 85-gram fruit and yields more juice than a Thomasville citrangequat. The juice is pleasant and is unburdened by detectable bitter skunkiness of many Poncirus hybrids."

I heard Thomas McKenzie talk about it, and I grabbed it when Woodlanders had it one year. This winter, I'll bring it in, and put it under a lamp. Maybe give it 2 years before planting it out...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version