Author Topic: YUN CHANG Pruning Shears -- Anyone tried these? The price is right/  (Read 2432 times)

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
Re: YUN CHANG Pruning Shears -- Anyone tried these? The price is right/
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2022, 09:55:55 AM »
I have gotten both the legitimate and knockoff Okatzune pruners from Amazon. The price was different with the good ones more expensive but of course they weren’t both offered at the same time. Perhaps you could find a store besides Amazon that imports those pruners from Japan.
I get good sharpening results with a steel from Corona. I scrape 5-7 times on the bevel then twice on the flat side and she stays sharp.
Peter

slopat

• USA, California, central coast, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2022, 11:36:23 AM »
Under $10 each was the trigger to buy 2 also!  So far after 18+ months, they are a good buy. One in the wife's car so it's available to trim flowers when visiting the cemetery and one to "loan" when someone wants to borrow etc. The Felco's stay safe. :)  Overall though,  the are pretty good deals for certain use cases. Too bad they are unavailable now. Thanks for the info zands, Brian,  and Al!

thanks for pointing this out, zands.  When there's such a large price difference between non-name chinese sellers and renowned quality I always try the cheap stuff first and see how it does.  Often it is just fine, and if not then I try the expensive kind.  I was just thinking I needed more pruners because I keep leaving mine all around the house and my wife uses them too.  It looks like the black color version of the link you posted is now only $8.50... I ordered two.  I'll let you know how they are

https://www.amazon.com/YunChang-Pruning-Shears-Pruner-Scissors/dp/B085T3H4NK
$16.99 & "50% off with promo code U9D4NZKY"

Thanks Brain,

I have a Felco but can't resist a deal buy one get one free.
Thanks for the promo code, I ordered 2 to give it a try. 

Al

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2022, 10:15:32 AM »
With lots of use, the rubber on pruners tends to slip and ruin the tool. Almost all of them. For me, that is a deal-killer if the rubber isn't very well done, not something quick dipped in liquid rubber.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk