Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Feijoa in NJ zone 7a

<< < (9/10) > >>

Plantinyum:
Vnomonee, i am curious what happened to your feijoas that were planted next to the house? Any news on those, couldnt find an update on them in your tread.

vnomonee:

--- Quote from: Plantinyum on November 15, 2022, 12:38:18 AM ---Vnomonee, i am curious what happened to your feijoas that were planted next to the house? Any news on those, couldnt find an update on them in your tread.

--- End quote ---

The ones by the shed grew back new leaves after dropping everything but didn't flower, those were smaller than my potted plants so still can't say if they will flower after taking that much cold. I'll take a picture tomorrow

vnomonee:
this morning Nov 2022:

last year before losing leaves:

Plants didn't really grow taller. I completey neglected them, did not even water during drought. They are a little wider than last year, the trunks are more covered with foliage.

vnomonee:
The covered feijoas with fruit did not freeze this morning everything else not covered like the leaves on fig trees are frosted and damaged.

This is just heating from the lights on at 35f/1.66c off at 45f/7.22c:

outside temp:

inside temp:

So the fabric does provide a good amount of frost protection with heating. I might be able to leave the fruit past the date I planned. We'll see.
I hope my lazy experimenting is helpful to anyone thinking about zone pushing feijoas esp if the fruit does not ripen sooner like on my trees

Plantinyum:
Thanks for the update!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version