Author Topic: Pantin mamey sapote help..  (Read 1055 times)

SummerDragoness

• Savannah, GA
    • View Profile
Pantin mamey sapote help..
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:21:26 AM »
Good evening!
I'm hoping you guys can offer some help!

Last year I purchased a pantin variety (2-3') from a nursery in Florida, followed their directions for soil and watering, and chose a 20 gallon fabric pot to keep it in. I used the FoxFarms organic Ocean Forest soil with added azomite.

I brought it inside to my sunroom over winter (which stays roughly 75f) and tried to make sure it was watered sparingly, but thoroughly. However I'm concerned that even with my reservations it sat too long in water after it drained. It was never deeper than an inch, and wasn't often as I tried to make sure the soil was never wet or too moist. It got several hours of direct sunlight, and humidity from my 2 aquariums.

Last month I put it back outside (I'm in Savannah, GA) and a bit more worried since I'm seeing no signs of growth. The leaves are still on, but no nodes are swelling and there's been zero growth from the budding leaf bundle at the top which has held the same shape for at least 6 months. Is it warm enough yet during the day (high 70's-90f day, 50's+ nights)? It gets a good 6 hours of sun right now and will get more as summer rolls in.

I've also scratch tested the trunk with my fingernail and it's still green. Any advice on this would be incredible.

Thank you!

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
Re: Pantin mamey sapote help..
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 06:30:42 AM »
You are fine, it’s well taken care of. They are slow growing trees.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

SummerDragoness

• Savannah, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »
You are fine, it’s well taken care of. They are slow growing trees.

Okay, thanks!

Calicactus

• Socal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 01:33:50 AM »
I have came across purple fleshed cereus