Author Topic: cherimoya cherimola : how to graft and share my cuttings of 51 varieties (spain)  (Read 4696 times)

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
hi, i now have cuttings these 55 varieties. You could find a link below on my 21january message, to see fruits and seeds photos in the other topic to sell seeds and exchange scions.
 But thé present list below have 4 more varieties, the 4 first ones of the list.
https://paypal.me/fruitforestier
 has someone experience to graft it? Advices will be welcome for graft on this january Month. Earlier than thé optimal march Month.

I'm not sure i will have OTHER OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE THESE CHERIMOYAS IN THE Future. I rarely go in spain where i want to complete this collection with your scions, for some hippies can enjoy them. I'm especially interested one pink flesh variety, and cold hardy ones, to try in places where there is some freeze in winter.

LOMA
SANTA ROSA
CARMELA
ESPAIN or SPAIN
AFRICAN PRIDE
ANDERSON
ANDREWS
AZAPA II
BALWIN
BONITA CORONA
BOLIVIA 1
BRONCEADA
BURTON'S (favorite?)
Campas ou compas
CARTER
CHIUNA 1
CHIUNA 2
CHIUNA 3
CHIUNA3 TEMPRANA
CHIUNA3 TARDIA
CHILENA
CORAZON
CUMBE
DELICIOSA
DUDOZA
ECUADOR
ECUATORIAN
el bumpo
ESPINOSA M
FINO de JETE
HALUZA
HILL
JOY
KNIGHT
LISA DE PUELLARO
LEON
LIBBY
LOCAL SERENA
Loma
LUCIDA
MOSSMAN
manteca
MIRA VISTA
MC PHERSON
MARIELLA
NE....
ORTON
OTT
PALIZZI
PERU SEED 24
pierce
pinchudo
RERETAI
SALMON
SICILIA 3
sabor

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:26:15 PM by linsecte »

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Cleft grafts of pieces with 2 or 3 buds each works fine.  Maybe 10-15cm long.  You can graft now but it is better in March.  It will probably be ok though if you seal the grafts with tape.

You could seal with tape and keep some in the refrigerator until March also if you have a lot of extra material.
Brad Spaugh

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
thank you very much for your answer;

Did someone tryed this on cherimoya in january? https://www.greffer.net/?p=649
Is it better or worse than this? https://www.greffer.net/?p=409
Did you have better rate of success with?
long woods? because for eriobotrya, i noticed success with short woods only, around 5 cm.
how long could cherimoya cuttings be stored, from your experience?
thanks again,
jd
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:35:37 PM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
did someone succeed graft cherimoya on
Asimina triloba
Annona stenophylla
Annona neosalicifolia
Annona ubatubensis
Annona cacans
Dugetia furfuracea
In this case please tell how many years the association is alive, and if it grows and fruits well ;)

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
I have excellent success with whip and tongue.

I think timing is the most important factor, pushing rootstock and fresh scion.

VP

• AZUSA
    • View Profile
End of February or March is best time to graft. It takes less time to heal and higher chance of success. If you graft now, it takes more effort to protect the graft from the cold. One of the success factors is to keep the moisture on the scions until the graft heals. Fresh Scions can be kept in the fridge for about one week.

VP

• AZUSA
    • View Profile
I'd like to buy McPherson and Campas scions from you if they are still available.

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Sabor vs El Bumpo? Which one comes out on top?
Nate

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
I'd like to buy McPherson and Campas scions from you if they are still available.
how to write in private?
you are from usa? i will love to send you, but i send from spain: could you find these varieties in usa? probably more simple and morever i read some memeber say the cutting can be stored 1 week, an other member 2 weeks, that's very short compare to apples and diospyros i store a few months and sometimes 1 year before to graft with success...
maybe to send so far seeds will be better? i put them in moisture plastic, because when they dry they die.

prices, and answer to the precedent question:

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=35960.0
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:30:09 AM by linsecte »

VP

• AZUSA
    • View Profile
how to write in private?
you are from usa? i will love to send you, but i send from spain: could you find these varieties in usa? probably more simple and morever i read some memeber say the cutting can be stored 1 week, an other member 2 weeks, that's very short compare to apples and diospyros i store a few months and sometimes 1 year before to graft with success...
maybe to send so far seeds will be better? i put them in moisture plastic, because when they dry they die.

prices, and answer to the precedent question:

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=35960.0

Grafting within one week you have the most success. Scions lose its viability as time passes. My scions dried out after 1 month.

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for your answer
I just added,
LOMA
SANTA ROSA
CARMELA
ESPAIN or SPAIN

i will put the photos in around 10 hours.
will someone accept exchange with me to complete our both collection?

There will be no other opportunity i share them, because i rarely go in spain where i grow them, for hippies can enjoy them. i also eat some when i go spain, but usually not at the grafting season
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:41:36 PM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
21 january above, i gave the link of the other topic where i put fruits and seeds photos. Below i put some photos of my first grafts, so that you could tell me my mistakes i hope.

did someone tryed different woods (5 cm? success, or does only 10 to 15 cm woods success?)

Thé above graft was done on thé branche going right near ground. On the following photo, same branche after i cut half every little branche of this big branche.

Following photo IS how i cut the top of tree more than 1/3, less than 1/2, thinking it will helps grafts to success. All the branches will be grafted this week. And half cut. I followed advice to let leafes because we are on january, and maybe grafts will sprout on march

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:39:57 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile

Here id a tongue graft with leafe because of the cold Season, hoping it will helps. But sun was seting, and thé Time to take photo colour of cut changed because oxydation, so i cutted again but it became thiner and longer..  i Saw and expérimenté on cherry that it was possible to avoid oxydation by put water when need z few minutes. Or mouth sécrétions, it didn't affect cherry graft. I could not compare because i also succeed 95% my dry Cherry grafts.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:40:23 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
An other expérience

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:40:51 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:42:23 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:42:52 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:43:27 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
After photo i put more tape it's now waterproof

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:49:00 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile

Thé tool i use.
The chip budding i didn't experiment, cause i can't have exact same and think there is less energy in a chip than in a branche ?

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
This one i cut half branche 2 days after graft, while for the others i cut half branche when i graft.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 02:02:33 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
In thé middle of photo you can guess the graft between branche and leafe. Cuttings are cover with "parafilm m"

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:32:59 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
Hi did someone tried to make root a Scion above graft point ? For more cold hardy varieties could grow on its own cold hardy roots.
i worried to graft in january but with parafilm m around all the Scion, most tongue grafts success except when on very little branche (little compare to the tronc, at 90°, those that usually die when bigger branches grows). I will try to publish photos of grafts to avoid and those that success best.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:51:47 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
I grafted more than 200 scions on 12 adult trees and a baby.
Because coronavirus and distance, i couldn't go spain to care them, but fortunatly an angel send me photos as i advice her by WhatsApp. Each graft bear a letter associated with the number of the tree. I start with n° 14, and will try to publish others, when i'll have the photos.

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
14: on this little tree, 2 grafts (f,g) gowed before all the +200 others. Did someone has ever Seen such application of tongue graft ? 14f Scion was cut near unparallèle 1st Bud. 14g The rootstock vas cut at junction of 2 branches.(like on ASb picture below):

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:01:45 AM by linsecte »

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
14a i will complète later the empty publications.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk