Author Topic: Avocado fruit  (Read 1689 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Avocado fruit
« on: January 22, 2020, 12:31:38 PM »
I've got stewart, bacon and fuerte fruit now.  Hass are probably ready also, just need to sample one first.  Coming soon will be sir prize, pinkerton, hass, sharwil, reed, ardith, lamb. 

Depending on the size of the fruit about 8-12 fruits fit in a box.  Some of the bacons are pretty large.  Can mix and match fruit.  You tell me what you want and I will pick fruit everyday for a week and put the type and date on them so they don't all ripen at once.

24$ total with postage inside California (weighed mail)
26$ total with postage outside California  (flat rate box). 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 04:48:11 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Avocado fruit
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:55:58 PM »
Thanks again for the Avocados, they were delicious!
Wife may want more - I'll let you know shortly.
-Kris

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 02:11:45 PM »
Thank you.  The avocados are really good now.  The bacons are surprisingly good, they just needed to hang until January.  Stewarts are so so to me but I gave some to someone and they reported back its better than what they get in the store.  My family perfers the bacons.  And we just started picking fuertes which are also excellent and will continue to get more oil into spring.
Brad Spaugh

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 12:45:09 AM »
I agreed the bacon is really good, almost as good as Reed.  I may need to place another order in couple weeks.

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
Glad you like them James.  Makes sure to let the bacons get extra extra soft.  They dont get brown and rotten loke store avocados. 

Next time try some fuertes, they are super good. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 10:24:28 AM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

Avoman

• Sanger,Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 02:19:35 PM »
Hi Brad so are they shipped in a 15 dollar flat rate box and so price for avocados out of state is 11 dollars is that correct ?

jbclem

• USA, California, Topanga, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 10:36:30 PM »
How would you compare the taste of Bacon, and Reed, to that of Fuerte?

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 11:36:20 PM »
Hi Brad so are they shipped in a 15 dollar flat rate box and so price for avocados out of state is 11 dollars is that correct ?

The box costs me 13$ for a medium flat rate box paid on paypal. 

So its half shipping half fruit cost for the 26$ total.  My fruits are big also, not like the little hass they sell at the store.  I sell the fruits for 1.5$ each locally. 

Fuerte is just a nice straight forward avocado.  Nice texture and oil content and easy to peel.  Bacons are not as good as reeds but for early avocados are really nice.  Reeds are on another level, they are one of the best there is if you get a properly ripened one.

I would say fuerte is better than bacon but not as good as reed.  On par with hass except homegrown avocados dont get stringy or turn brown when overripe.  They just get soft and creamy, never seen one of my fruit go brown or rotten from being overly soft.  The quality is much better than store fruit.   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:42:15 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

BBF

• Houston
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 10:32:11 PM »
Hello: Would you be willing to sell seeds and/or scions? Thank you

spaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »
Send me a message about scions.  I can sell the ones that I have mature trees of. 

Thanks to everyone who bought fruit boxes.  There's a handful of boxes shipping on Saturday.

I'm going to put the fruit sale on hold for a month or so until we get into hass, sir prize, and Pinkerton season.  Those will be better if they are allowed to hang longer.
Brad Spaugh