Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Flavor King Pluot

(1/4) > >>

ClayMango:
Just picked up a 5g Flavor King Pluot that came from Dave Wilsons nusery... Extremely excited! Nothing but good reviews on this tree and it won the 2013 Dave Wilson best flavor...hopefully it lives up to the hype... I have a 20 ft Santa Rosa for cross polination already too.

Also picked a Pink Lady and an Excel fig which im excited about too!

Viking Guy:
I have a spot for the Pluot now.  Planning to get one soon  :D

Grats on the fig.  No fig, and I mean NO fig comes remotely close to the taste of an Excel.  Most amazing fig there is. 

ClayMango:

--- Quote from: Viking Guy on March 13, 2015, 09:10:03 AM ---I have a spot for the Pluot now.  Planning to get one soon  :D

Grats on the fig.  No fig, and I mean NO fig comes remotely close to the taste of an Excel.  Most amazing fig there is.

--- End quote ---

I figured if the Flavor King won best Flavor in 2013 for stone fruits...it must be something special! so I pulled the trigger.

On the Figs4fun forum i have been looking at the top tier Figs mentioned... Excel was rated extremely high as the best tasting along with Smith... I hopefully should have a Smith coming in this year or next year if USPS can get their shit together after sending my shipment back. both Excel and Smith were rated an 11 out of 10 from a Figs4fun Forum member who graded over 20 or so Figs that year. Col De Dame White and Violette de Bord... were other top rated Figs I'm looking to grab. I think I need a mixture of The Dark colored, white, green, and maybe even the LSU purple for looks, Pinache is also a nice varigated tree.

Viking Guy:
My excel has come out of dormancy already, and I cant wait.  :)

I like celeste better than smith--though it is a bit smaller.

Where do you think is the best place to order the flavor king from?

ClayMango:

--- Quote from: Viking Guy on March 13, 2015, 02:57:52 PM ---My excel has come out of dormancy already, and I cant wait.  :)

I like celeste better than smith--though it is a bit smaller.

Where do you think is the best place to order the flavor king from?

--- End quote ---

I believe most online nurseries are done with bare root purchases...im not familiar with what local nuseries would carry that near you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version