Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Who here has a citrus cross breeding project?

(1/3) > >>

alexmed95:
Per the title, I wonder if anyone here has been doing citrus crossing experiments to obtain new hybrid varieties.  :D

For instance, I've come across this video of a guy who had his first result after 15 years (a cross between a Budda hands and an Etrog, I think):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Dve1iHWwM&t=534s&ab_channel=GardenS

If so, it would be great to have the date of sowing, what are the parents, and some pictures of the tree and fruits (if applicable)!

Hopefully, some of you do!

Best,
Alex

Perplexed:
I have plans for the future so right now itís just a waiting game for stuff to start blooming to make any crosses. Only thing so far that is blooming for me  is just Thomasville.

BorisR:
Look in the "Cold Hardy Citrus" section. There, many are trying to create more frost-resistant citrus fruits. Those who have been doing this for a long time already have impressive results. Ilya comes to mind first of all from the forum participants.

alexmed95:

--- Quote from: Perplexed on November 23, 2023, 01:01:27 PM ---I have plans for the future so right now itís just a waiting game for stuff to start blooming to make any crosses. Only thing so far that is blooming for me  is just Thomasville.

--- End quote ---

Awesome! Keep me updated with your progresses!

alexmed95:

--- Quote from: BorisR on November 24, 2023, 12:32:26 AM ---Look in the "Cold Hardy Citrus" section. There, many are trying to create more frost-resistant citrus fruits. Those who have been doing this for a long time already have impressive results. Ilya comes to mind first of all from the forum participants.

--- End quote ---

Many thanks, Boris! Indeed, I wasn't aware of that section... and after seeing it, it's definitely very interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version