Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Pitangatuba fruit stopped growing

(1/2) > >>

just.jim:
I have a pitangatuba that has had dozens of small fruit, around half the full size, for close to 2 months now.  I am not losing any of the fruit, there is no visible issues to the plant; in fact, I have tons of new growth that just started to appear about a week ago.

Any ideas what causes this or how to get it back to developing?  I am in zone 10, no change in watering, feeding, etc...  They just stopped growing.

brian:
I haven't had this happen with pitangtuba, but I have with many other plants.  It seems once the fruits stall they never resume normal growth, and will eventually color up as if they are fully ripe but still runty, and fall off.  I have no idea what causes it... probably just generic "stress" of any sort.  The next set of fruit should be fine.

shmojojojo:
Is it in a pot? Did you move it or fertilize it when this started?

just.jim:

--- Quote from: shmojojojo on October 22, 2021, 10:21:11 PM ---Is it in a pot? Did you move it or fertilize it when this started?

--- End quote ---

Yes in container but have not altered anything, water/time of watering, feeding, location, etc... zero changes

just.jim:

--- Quote from: brian on October 22, 2021, 08:00:37 PM ---I haven't had this happen with pitangtuba, but I have with many other plants.  It seems once the fruits stall they never resume normal growth, and will eventually color up as if they are fully ripe but still runty, and fall off.  I have no idea what causes it... probably just generic "stress" of any sort.  The next set of fruit should be fine.

--- End quote ---

I'd like to know what I did to stress it out lol.  That is my guess but totally lost as to the cause.  Dozens of fruit jsut in suspended animation  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version