Author Topic: WTB wampee (Clausena lansium) named varieties--seeds, seedlings, or plants  (Read 1317 times)

directrepeat

• Austin, Texas USA zone 8b
    • View Profile
I have a couple of unnamed seedlings growing well, but I haven't been able to track down any of the ~5 or so named varieties. Does anyone have any experience with these or know where to find them? Is there much difference between the varieties?

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
I may have a seedling of yeem pay.  i don't know much about it, but if you go top tropicals website, looks like decent size and sweet. 

directrepeat

• View Profile
Very interesting--that does sound like a good variety. Are you interested in selling it, or do you remember where you got it?

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Very interesting--that does sound like a good variety. Are you interested in selling it, or do you remember where you got it?

I got to check.  Let me get back to you.  I don’t think they’re very big

directrepeat

• View Profile
Hi all, still looking for tasty wampee cultivar plants, seedlings, or seeds--anyone have any or know anywhere to look?

Brian laufer

• USA. California. Oceanside. Zone 10
    • View Profile
I have hundreds of wampee seedlings I could give a good price if you want a lot. I'll keep me eyes open for any named varieties

directrepeat

• View Profile
Wow, thanks. I think I'd just like about 10 of them. Are these from fruit you tasted?

directrepeat

• View Profile
I'm asking around and some friends might want a few as well--how much would you sell the seedlings for? Thanks!

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
I have hundreds of wampee seedlings I could give a good price if you want a lot. I'll keep me eyes open for any named varieties

Broo, sending Citrus from a quarantine area to out of state? That's not cool
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
I am from california and would like a wampee seedling or grafted variety also. How much for the seedling?

directrepeat

• View Profile
Hmm, I had to look around to see what the regulations are and I'm still not completely clear. Not everything in Rutaceae is a "citrus" and subject to restrictions, e.g. I've ordered many boxes of white sapote from CA and FL, and I've ordered Glycosmis seeds from several states over the years. It does look like Liberibacter can infect wampee though.
This site seems to suggest that plant material should not be exported but that seeds are ok:
https://pi.cdfa.ca.gov/pqm/manual/htm/420.htm

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
Yeah thats my understanding as well but unfortunately regulations in california prohibit the propagation and sending off of propagation material
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com