Author Topic: ISO Dwarf Red Banana Pup  (Read 518 times)

KTWatts

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
ISO Dwarf Red Banana Pup
« on: July 22, 2022, 01:52:46 PM »
Looking for someone that has a Dwarf Red Banana & is willing to ship me a pup. AKA Dwarf Cuban Red, Dwarf Jamaican Red, Dwarf Red Dacca. Live in Phoenix AZ. Will pay for shipping.

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Dwarf Red Banana Pup
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 02:26:19 PM »
KT,

If you are unable to purchase a Dwarf Red Banana variety through RodneyS, I found some availability at Tropica Mango Rare and Exotic Tropical Fruit Tree Nursery in Apache Junction, AZ. You could inquire about their availability or if they offer pups for sale, I believe that is somewhat nearby you.

Additionally, Etsy sellers have some availability: Perseamericana, Mutabilee, WestTropicalGarden. I have personally had a great experience with WestTropicalGarden in the past.
My personal recommendation would be to also find a Pink Banana tree, they are so cool! Ornamental, but they do produce food and the little pink bananas are crazy sweet.

Best of luck,
Dan

1rainman

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 02:45:34 PM »
The red banana is a beautiful plant though and great bananas. The only problem is they always want to make babies so its difficult keeping them in containers long term or even if you plant them somewhere they want to spread.

KTWatts

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 02:56:12 PM »
Thank you Dan, really appreciate the info!

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 11:13:51 AM »
The pupping must be weather dependent. Here in SoCal they don’t pup much at all. And be warned they are cold sensitive.

Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk