Author Topic: Large Ficus austrocaledonica Very ornamental with edible fruit  (Read 425 times)

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
I have a large rare Ficus austrocaledonica that I need to get rid of, no room in the house this winter in NC. Seed obtained from Rare Palm Seeds back in 2012 and this is the form with red stipules, half were red and half were white out of the 24 or so seedlings. The fruit is reported to be edible but I don’t know how good it is.$10 plus actual shipping charge. If you live in Florida that was hit by hurricane Ian it is free just pay actual  shipping. I checked with Pirate Ship and UPS ground is $70 to FL for the big box.This is the biggest box I can find and I’m still going to have to trim it back before shipping and reinforcements of course.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 05:28:06 PM by Giant Gecko »

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
Re: Large Ficus austrocaledonica Very ornamental with edible fruit
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 05:38:56 PM »
I found a better size box for this plant at uhaul. It is $8 and is 15x15x48. I can adjust it down to about 30” to what dimensions you are willing to pay for shipping. I also have a 15x16x27in Home Depot box that is around $30 to FL, just know that I will have to obviously chop this plant down a lot but it is a tough plant that will recover very well. Go to https://www.pirateship.com/rates  and put in 27295 zip code for mine, dimensions and 30lb weight and see what the UPS Ground reduced shipping rate is on there. You will find 10lb to 40lb is all the same as it is rated by dimensions. Also it jumps drastically in price from around 42” to 46” at least to FL from here. If interested let me know.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 05:42:48 PM by Giant Gecko »