Author Topic: uses for Finger limes?  (Read 1108 times)

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
uses for Finger limes?
« on: July 23, 2021, 11:03:25 PM »
Can anybody suggest some good uses for these?  I have a handful of ripe ones but aside from the novelty I haven't found a good use where they clearly outshine regular lime juice.  So far they are good in fruit sherbert/ice cream.   I'm going to try in guacamole too. 

If they are resigned to the pure novelty bucket that is fine, I'll just keep mine pruned small.

poncirsguy

• Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 6a/6b
    • View Profile
Re: uses for Finger limes?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 11:47:06 PM »
Novelty it is.  Probably not much different than the novelty of a sweet New Zealand lemonade lemon.  My tree has a 4.1 cubic yard canopy and produces 40 lemons around 3/4 pounds each average.

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 02:36:23 AM »
Can anybody suggest some good uses for these?  I have a handful of ripe ones but aside from the novelty I haven't found a good use where they clearly outshine regular lime juice.  So far they are good in fruit sherbert/ice cream.   I'm going to try in guacamole too. 

If they are resigned to the pure novelty bucket that is fine, I'll just keep mine pruned small.
Hi! fingerlimes are very very versatile. You can use them on almost everything! There are many recipes online...

Just some to have an idea...
 https://boutiquecitrus.com.au/finger-lime-recipes-and-ideas/

Ognin525

• Buffalo, ny, zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 11:33:47 AM »
There good in drinks! My kids like them in fruit punch i enjoy them in a corona. Corona is by far my favorite way to use them lol.
Bill

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »
I would think if you drink them you wouldn't actually get any lime taste... I only taste lime if I chew them

poncirsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 12:35:33 PM »
I would think if you drink them you wouldn't actually get any lime taste... I only taste lime if I chew them
I agree All you taste in lemons and limes is acid  Nothing else comes through.  It might take the bitterness out of a Corona19 bear.

Ognin525

• Buffalo, ny, zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 04:21:48 PM »
Well ya it doesnt actually flavor it untile you pop them in your mouth. Thats half the fun of puting these in the drink its alittle different . I didnt know people would grill you for suggestions on here im sorry to dissapoint you. Me and my kids enjoy it that way take what u want from it.
Bill

poncirsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 07:57:44 PM »
Well ya it doesnt actually flavor it untile you pop them in your mouth. Thats half the fun of puting these in the drink its alittle different . I didnt know people would grill you for suggestions on here im sorry to dissapoint you. Me and my kids enjoy it that way take what u want from it.
  I just make fun of the covid 19 anytime I get a chance.  I have never had a corona bear.  I hate sour foods

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 02:33:14 PM »
I like putting them on fish and chicken, and mixing them with peppers to make a sauce with a lil crunch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk