Author Topic: Growing Pineapples (Pineapple Varieties)  (Read 651 times)

tbennett93

• North Petherton, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
    • View Profile
Growing Pineapples (Pineapple Varieties)
« on: October 11, 2021, 07:12:47 PM »
Hi all,

I’m yet to really google anything or do self research as yet so thought I’d ask here first as the community here is always very helpful and knowledgable.

I’m looking at starting to grow some Pineapples. I was just wondering really if Pineapples were all the same ? Or are there different varieties of Pineapple like there are with a lot of other fruits ? It’d be a shame if a Pineapple was just a Pineapple and each and everyone was the same. If that is the case then please let me know. If there are different varieties which ones would you guys recommend as the best tasting?

I’ll be growing them in the UK which is slightly more challenging but can easily be done with some over winter protection. So if there happened to be any kind of well known or rare variety which was the most cold hardy or if there are any varieties that are more cold hardy than others I’d be very interested to know.

Many thanks all,
Tom

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Growing Pineapples (Pineapple Varieties)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 11:01:15 PM »
You're in luck! A pineapple is not just a pineapple, there are many varieties...some even have edible cores, different colors, etc...Some produce many pups, some few pups.

Here's a list of a few of the different types:

https://www.homestratosphere.com/types-of-pineapple/#Miscellaneous_Varieties_of_Pineapples

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk