Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Rapoza mango nutrient deficiency?

(1/2) > >>

Timbogrow:
I've tried to find some pictures to help me identify what it's deficient of and could find anything. It's been about a month since I gave it 3 tablespoons of vigo citrus avocado fertilizer. There's a bit of grass close to it so maybe I just didn't give it enough. It says on florida growing site November and December to not fertilize so I'm hesitant on giving it more food. Any help getting it back on track would be appreciated. Thanks all

cbss_daviefl:
The curling to one side and small new leaves is typical of zinc deficiency.

Timbogrow:
Thank you very much! I have the southern ag citrus nutritional spray I forgot to mention I sprayed 2 weeks ago. You think that would do the trick or should I get zinc sulfate?

cbss_daviefl:
That has 1.7% zinc, which is good. There are a lot of factors so until the tree sends out some new growth, you can't know if your efforts have had any effect.  You can flip a coin and either take a wait and see approach or you can give it another spray. It probably won't matter which in the long run.

achetadomestica:
I had a pickering a few years back that had leaves that were more curled then
that. I use the Southern Ag citrus foliar spray and 8-4-8 Diamond R granular and the tree
grew out of the issue and fruited heavy last year. Now I am only using the Southern Ag
Spray a couple times a year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version