Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

SELL one lot of maprang seeds 12 count

<< < (7/7)

palologrower:

--- Quote from: Nick C on January 26, 2023, 09:50:28 PM ---Definitely got fruits from the same seller cause i also paid $40/lb lol whats the best method for getting all the extra flesh off the seed ? Trying to plant these ones out

--- End quote ---

If you're in NJ and was exposed for any period of time, there is a chance the seeds died.  I notice that when i imported some varieties lat year, half of the whole batches just didn't germinate.  The route in which they flew made a difference.  If they sat on the tarmac in Japan/korea, goners.  So if they were sitting at all for long periods in NJ... but hopefully if they were in teh fruit, the flesh gave some protection from freezing the embryo.

Nick C:

--- Quote from: palologrower on January 27, 2023, 03:23:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nick C on January 26, 2023, 09:50:28 PM ---Definitely got fruits from the same seller cause i also paid $40/lb lol whats the best method for getting all the extra flesh off the seed ? Trying to plant these ones out

--- End quote ---

If you're in NJ and was exposed for any period of time, there is a chance the seeds died.  I notice that when i imported some varieties lat year, half of the whole batches just didn't germinate.  The route in which they flew made a difference.  If they sat on the tarmac in Japan/korea, goners.  So if they were sitting at all for long periods in NJ... but hopefully if they were in teh fruit, the flesh gave some protection from freezing the embryo.

--- End quote ---

Im not really sweating it. Outside of one major freeze it’s been a pretty mild winter in jersey with a lot of days in the 40/50s. Got in some theobroma bicolor seeds a couple weeks back and they’re germinating. But we shall see, I’ve ordered maprang seeds in the summer and those all ended up being duds too

Nick C:
Planted the seeds out last week. Dug one up out of curiosity and seeds are still viable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version